Do you print them or what?
Carcassonne Central
April 28, 2024, 12:06:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you print them or what?  (Read 9109 times)
lailai
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« on: July 17, 2009, 02:46:46 AM »

Hello, sorry if this sounds like a noobish question, but how do you get these pieces? Do you print them like normal A4 paper? Thanks. Sorry if this isn't the right place but I think I posted it in the right place.
wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 2

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 03:15:03 AM »

I order blanco tiles from HIG
I print the tiles on white A4 sized labels and stick these on the blanco tiles
if you print them with best quality, it looks pretty good !!
that's it !!!

plays with all official expansions + Gold Mines,Jousting tournament, Lavendar fields, Forests (partial), The orders of Chivalry, In the stocks, The gallows, archery tournament, the outpost, apothecaries and tithes, wells, wheatfields, grim reaple, Market commons and a lot of other german expansions.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 03:26:48 AM »

Well, I do something similar to wellidesigns.  However, I print them onto A4 and then I glue them onto real tiles.  I bought a Big Box 2 (because I wanted the box) and then used the extra tiles I had to make new tiles by gluing the tiles I printed onto A4 on them.  Then I just cut it to shape.  You can see some of my tiles here.

If you live in Europe, you may buy blank tiles from HiG - see this thread and use those to make your tiles.  If not, you may also want to make them yourself - see this thread or this thread for more help.

metoth
Villein

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 12:17:03 PM »

For those of you who print your own tiles, would you say it would be easily noticeable to tell the difference between our handmade tile and a regular tile when you are drawing tiles from a bag?  I want to make a few tiles, but I'm not sure how that would work out since we normally draw from a bag of tiles.

Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 02:32:58 PM »

It is pretty much impossible not to tell printed tiles when in a bag...at least that has been my experience. When they are on the Tower and glued onto actual (printed) tiles, they are slightly less obvious, but only slightly. If you get blank tiles to print on, both the Tower and a grab bag will make them pretty obvious. The basic principle is, try and forget they are anything special, and just ignore the different way they feel/look. In other words, treat them as normal tiles. Mixing in some normal custom tiles is a great way to disperse any specific themed ones, too. Check out the MathGuy expansions...they are all pretty generic for this purpose.

The only actual way you can make tiles that look and feel the same as real ones is to get an Arbour Press and physically make the tiles. But that can get very expensive and take a lot of work, especially if you only want a few tiles. Sorry that I couldn't be of more positive assistance.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 07:36:05 AM »

It's been my experience that label paper is somewhat close to the feel of the tiles, that some people might not realize right away.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 11:11:05 AM »

I've been gleaning tile making ideas for a long time.  I haven't decided what method I'll use when I'm ready to start making them myself.  Has anyone used the same linen paper used on the real tiles to print on?  My biggest decision presently is do I want to print on linen and glue them, or print on labels and simply stick them. 

How many of you actualy put the "C" on the back of your tiles?

Flee the fleas!
elmendalerenda
Freeman

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 04:13:58 AM »

Hi to all. As other people said before I printed the new tiles in A4 self sticker page and then stick them on the blank tiles. So far only used two tiles (I got them from creativity) while I wait for the sheets from HIG, and nobody realized the difference.

Hope it helps

P.D. I use the tower to store the tiles. If there is people whoe can see the difference I would recomend to turn the tower around, so nobdy sees the tiles and have to draw them from the back
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: