Carcassonne: By Order of the King
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 09:09:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Carcassonne: By Order of the King  (Read 46923 times)
JPutt927
Authors
Duke

Merit: 32

Conquering the world...One tile at a time.

Awards
« on: August 02, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »

Well, it's time to unleash my latest expansion, and it's a doozy. I can safely say, this was my most ambitious thus far. I have spent the past week, investing LOTS of time into this one...and I'm pretty darn excited about it. The file sizes are a bit larger than previous expansions, as it was the only way I could get it to look it's best. I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do...

Here's the links...

Carcassonne: By Order of the King Rules - http://www.mediafire.com/?mmnfjakowjr
All 13 pages of the expansion, plus the tile backs - http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c1934c7e8218dd1e1bee9a6e9edd9c7668578e197e770e89c95965eaa7bc68bc

And as always...a couple pictures.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:02:17 PM by JPutt927 » Logged
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 07:59:02 PM »

Well, I will certainly look forward to being able to read this one.  If I'm correct by what I'm seeing (without being able to read it yet), this is a "deck of cards" expansion with each card containing a different tile formation.  Is that accurate?  I'm guessing there are no tiles in this one.  The cards look really nice!

Flee the fleas!
JPutt927
Authors
Duke

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 08:16:51 PM »

That is definitely an accurate assumption. It is indeed a "deck of cards" featuring a large assortment of different challenges for players to accomplish. There are 51 cards to go along with the original game and 5 cards per major expansion. There are a total of 88 cards. Thanks for the compliments!  Smiley
Bubbasco
Cottager

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 03:13:00 AM »

This one looks awesome. I already have a plan for making all the cards. I'll post a picture of them when I get them done!
Ailurus
Freeman

Merit: 12

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 03:38:29 AM »

Great idea, it adds a whole new dimension to the game! I think there will be much more followers in the city of Carcassonne, and a more fierce "battle" about the tokens because you often need to finish someone else's city/street for your assignment. Curious how a game with this expansion would look like Smiley
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 04:24:41 PM »

It's like Carcassonne meets Ticket to Ride! I love it! Too bad I hate printing out cards soo much. I printed and laminated the expansions for Starship Catan last summer. I've never played them because they look so awful! How do game publishers make the cards look so nice?

Edit: Could you make a .zip file for all the files in this expansion. Downloading 12ish files is taking forever. Thanks.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
Bubbasco
Cottager

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 05:02:03 PM »

I did it. It was worth it. Can't wait to play with them  Grin

JPutt927
Authors
Duke

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 05:47:35 PM »

Could you make a .zip file for all the files in this expansion. Downloading 12ish files is taking forever. Thanks.

I know, the files are large. I'm sorry about that. I tried zipping the files...and unless I'm doing something wrong (I probably am)...the size didn't change at all. Any ideas?

And wow, Bubbasco!...you are on top of things! You certainly must have liked this idea!  Grin  Those look really freaking awesome. Did you print them yourself? And, are those laminated? Possibly card protectors? (I sized them with the intention of using card protectors...) I'm jealous, I haven't even made them yet!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 06:11:56 PM »

Man!  You really are on the ball!  That's pretty cool to see them all finished already.  Let us know how they play.  They look nice!

Flee the fleas!
Bietje
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 05:05:13 AM »

Hi, I am not new here, but have been around some time. But now I really feel the need to respond. I am absolutely thrilled with this expansion. It looks fabolous en must be real fun to play with. Luckily I am on holiday now (schoolteacher), so I will make this soon.
JPutt927 Congrat with this expansion you overdid yourself (don't know if this is proper English, as that is not my motherlanguage). And thank you very much.

Birgitte
skipboris
Authors
Duke

Merit: 14

Try out the Ocean!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 09:02:55 AM »

I've seen this idea before, but never executed at this level of quality.  Very very nice!
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 09:45:49 AM »

I've seen this idea before, but never executed at this level of quality.  Very very nice!

Kevin Graham's Quests (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/74658) and his Designer Cities (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/74655) are similar.
The Missionary
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 07:55:11 AM »

This looks really fun... I can't wait to try it!

I introduced CKorfmann to Carcassonne. You're welcome.
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 02:52:02 PM »

I have just re-visited this idea because I have just placed an order on ArtsCow for a custom fan-made expansion for Pandemic. Threat Level 6 is a set of 54 cards for adding to Pandemic. The reason I post here is that it is my first order from ArtsCow and new customers get their first deck free (you get something like 1200 free print credits. I still have some left to use after ordering my first deck). I only paid for shipping (£3.75 (after conversion from USD) to the UK). Lot's of BGG users get their fan made decks printed this way and testify to the quality of them.

I thought that the same could be done for By Order of the King. Although it would be 2 decks worth (each deck has 54 cards), it would make it really easy to obtain our decks, professionally printed. Once the decks have been created, the author can choose to share his design with others. This makes it really simple for others to place an order and receive a professional looking deck.

Check out the ArtsCow site here: http://www.artscow.com/?Ref=681794: If you open an account with them using this link, I receive free credits that I can add to any future orders Wink
The Pandemic expansion, Threat Level 6, I ordered: http://www.artscow.com/share/ma7iiyobr3z5
Discussion about creating custom decks at BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/395699
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:18:03 PM by Joff » Logged
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 06:38:50 PM »

Awesome, I've been looking for a place to print custom playing cards.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: