The World of Catan (Catan Central) is Now Open!!!
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 07:34:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The World of Catan (Catan Central) is Now Open!!!  (Read 10651 times)
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« on: October 07, 2009, 02:01:22 AM »

That's right, my girlfriend has spent the past month designing a new website to act as a sister site to Carcassonne Central for The Settlers of Catan. It is still in its infancy, but I have made certain that it is at least function. The design of the site is currently much like this site including a fully-functional Simple Machines Forum. In addition, since Catan is far more vast than Carcassonne in regard to its expansions, rules, scenarios, spin-offs, variants, etc., I have successfully linked my year-old Wikia site to this new site.

My girlfriend and I have done the easy part, now I need new members to help me perfect the site. Anyone willing, whether they enjoy or have played Catan or not, please venture over to World of Catan and help me work out the bugs. Currently, all the expansions and variants from fans I am using without permission. They were all obtained from BGG and are no where near all-encompassing. I also have not posted all the rules documents for official expansions and scenarios, nor have I been able to integrate the forum properly within the website's format. Those things are all known errors. But I am certain there are other things I'm missing, from spelling errors to gross imperfections. Please, come on over and check it out. Register if you're interested. Gantry has been helping in an advisory role and we are hoping one day to switch World of Catan to CatanCentral, once the current owner releases the domain in January (hopefully). Perhaps it is the start of a beautiful new trend...

Anyway, once again, come on over. The website is www.worldofcatan.com. It's very similar to Carcassonne Central but it needs your help. I'm excited about this and I hope you all are too!

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 06:46:04 AM »

Looks good, Whaley Smiley
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:26:16 AM »

Good job. I am personally not a fan of Catan, but I will certainly direct people to your site. Awesome stuff and good luck.

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
Gwommy
Count

Merit: 30

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 03:23:22 PM »

Would anyone happen to know how long a wooden road piece from Catan is?  In inches?
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 05:22:52 PM »

Would anyone happen to know how long a wooden road piece from Catan is?  In inches?

It is exactly 2.5 cm which is just under 1".

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »

Is there a piece used for the thief/robber, or is that just a tile?

Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »

Is there a piece used for the thief/robber, or is that just a tile?

Yes, there is a piece. Check out http://catan.wikia.com/wiki/The_Robber for various images. The original game just had a black humanoid figure, but the German game switched to a plastic trio of robbers a few years ago, and followed up with pewter and plaster versions (unpainted and painted, respectively). I have images of all but the plastic one on that link I just posted. The tile associated with the robber is the Desert, which doesn't produce anything.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 10:12:58 PM »

Do you have (or know of) any pictures of these next to a Carc meeple?

Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 10:32:15 PM »

Do you have (or know of) any pictures of these next to a Carc meeple?

No, I've never seen that picture before, but I can take one if you need it. What do you need? The color robber or the black one? The robber is more than twice as tall, I think. The colored robber would be a bit shorter, but much more realistic (as in, not wood).

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 10:50:57 PM »

Both the black one as well as the coloured one standing next to a normal and a large meeple might be interesting.  Also, are there any places online where you can just get those catan meeples?

Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 12:06:15 AM »

Both the black one as well as the coloured one standing next to a normal and a large meeple might be interesting.  Also, are there any places online where you can just get those catan meeples?

I'll try to take a picture of the robbers and meeples together tomorrow. I have never found a site that sells robbereeples. There are actually six different robbers that I know about internationally. The black wooden robber, the plastic robber, the special edition pewter and plaster robbers, the Catan 3D robber, and the new Vikings (alternate piece set by Kosmos) robber. Not one of them I have ever seen available outside of Mayfair or Kosmos. That doesn't mean they aren't out there, but I'd guess they are available in Germany, if anywhere.

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 12:08:23 AM »

There's also a grey robber (which I have), but that's the same size and shape as the black one- only the colour is different.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: