Mega Carcassonne - The Need for Scoring Changes
Carcassonne Central
April 18, 2024, 02:17:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega Carcassonne - The Need for Scoring Changes  (Read 18153 times)
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 03:17:23 PM »

I noticed a few posts back by bixby that when playing mega carc that the frequency of wheel of fortune tile becomes diluted.  I came up with a way of increasing the frequency by making my own replica stickers of the wheel of fortune symbol.   I scanned the symbols then simply printed them out on adhesive paper.

Very clever. Thanks for sharing!

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
JPutt927
Authors
Duke

Merit: 32

Conquering the world...One tile at a time.

Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 06:46:08 AM »

About a year ago I made these, thinking about the need for more tiles when playing Mega Carc. Not sure if you'd seen this, so here ya go!   http://carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?topic=1337.0
neosatan
Nobleman

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 07:45:24 AM »

Very interesting. Still don't think that robber/king is too powerfull. I fact, I think that it is very well balanced. Since I play Carcassonne not so often lately, but every time this is a game of megaCarcassonne (300+ tiles), Robber/King give some nice points. 50-80 for each is not an exception. Still, in game of megaCarcassonne two cathedrals produce somiliar number of points. city for 40/60 points (no cathedral/with cathedral) are common in such games. When we add castles, one player can gain 160/240 points with one city. That is also not uncommon. Such scale of points are way out of robber/king league.

The same thing with farms, and barns. Whe You see that someone puts barns in farms with 5-6 cities You just build around roads, and such barn lose potential points. When we add instant scoring with barn... Well, barns don't seems to be so powerfull after all. I had some huge farms with barns, but also I had some huge farms without barns and points were similiar. I knorw that when someone puts too early barn it is very easy to corrupt that farm with lot of roads. (for this is a greate JPutts expansion Roads to victory, and wells).

Trade goods are indeed broken when it comes to megaCarc game. Still, when players are in similiar level, then even 10 points (for trade tokens) give the diffrents. I realy like table of scoring for trade goods. There will be problem, when added trade goods from fanexps. It would be greate to do some universal table for that reason. I like also Whaleyland idea (majority-option).

I don't posses Wheel of Fortune, so can't say anything about that.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: