Printing tiles
Carcassonne Central
April 28, 2024, 10:40:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Printing tiles  (Read 7770 times)
PresetM
Cottager

Merit: 1

Awards
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:32:28 AM »

Hello to all,

I'm new in this forum and a great lover of Carcassonne board game.
So it is very overwhelming for me to see all these wounderful Carcassonne expansions. Thank you all for your great work.

I would like to print out some of these expansions on adhesive label paper and stick these printouts on original HiG blank tiles. So far so good.
My old b/w laser printer go bust, so I have to buy a new printer anyway. Therefore I think it is wise to buy a color printer for printing the Carcassonne expansions, right?Smiley

My question is: What printers, guys, do you all use for printing the Carcassone expansions? Which printers a suitable for this job (laser or ink)? Which specific models can you recommend?

There is another thought: all the expansion based on 300dpi (or less) graphics. Why not 600dpi? All modern printers print in 600dpi. May be this will give us a better quality of the printouts.

It would be great if some guys have hints for me. Thank you in advance

elmendalerenda
Freeman

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »

I always take the expansion to a printing shop and had them printed in a laser color printer, its cheap and the quality is very good. Dont think is worth the investing on a new printer just for carc tiles. Also think laser holds better the printing and thats important if your players like to rub the tiles before placing them Smiley
Gwommy
Count

Merit: 30

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 03:10:22 PM »

I'm not too picky about it.  I use my laser jet printer and stick them to the blank tiles that I got from Chr15lynn.  I think my printer is about 10 years old.  Although you can easily tell the difference between one that I printed and an original, I don't think it affects the game too much since I draw the tiles out of a bag.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 04:28:41 PM »

I'm using the HP Color Laserjet CP1510. Toner is far superior to ink.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »

I use an ink jet printer and print on sticker paper.  If your printer has a borderless printing option, it's possible to print out 20 tiles per page (4x5).  I have done so successfully and find it safe a lot of paper.  A very kind man made several pages of 20 tile layouts for me!  Wink  It's difficult to get the print quality very close at all to the real tiles, but I find that it is not that distracting.  I spray them with a gloss coat to protect the ink (while they're still on the sheet).  It seems to work well so far.

Flee the fleas!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: