Obtaining extra meeples
Carcassonne Central
April 16, 2024, 04:22:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obtaining extra meeples  (Read 69071 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2009, 11:49:37 PM »

You could buy extra sets for the meeples and use the tiles to make custom tiles.  There was also a thread somewhere here about getting the H&G meeples directly from RGG (which is in the US).  Perhaps you might want to send them an email to ask about the availability of the other types of meeples.

The other place to get meeples is Meeple People.  If you purchase anything from there, make sure you use that link (or click the banner on the main page) so that part of the proceeds come back to support this site!

JaffaMan11
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 04:42:12 PM »

Following the recommendations here, I ordered a full sets (with big, pig and builders) of pink, white, brown, purple, and orange meeples about 10 days ago from meeplepeople.com, choosing the cheaper shipping option (as the dear one was more than the meeple were worth). Given I live in Australia, I wasn't expecting to see them for a while, but they turned up yesterday - the supplier had paid more for postage than they are asked for on the order and so I got them in about a week. They look great, and I'm more than delighted with the purchase - easy, quick, perfect. Just thought it was worth a plug and a big thankyou.  Grin
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 05:19:35 PM »

The only problem with meeple people is you need to buy A&M as well and paint the mayor, wagon and barn. (and I'm not too good at painting meeples, as I learn when I tried to paint 2 huts (for trading posts) grey, which isn't in H&G.

Oh, and happy ANZAC day to any other Australians out there...

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 05:44:11 PM »

Does anyone know what works best for painting them?  We've found that if you don't do anything to them, the new paint simply rubs off.  Is there a thread for this topic alread?

Flee the fleas!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 11:06:54 PM »

Korf - there's a Search link in the top left (in between Help and Profile).  Using that, I found this thread which will probably answer your question.

Anyways, if anyone is going to Essen next week (or is it the week after?), you might want to purchase some aluminium meeples from Jofasa's booth.  I think they have other colours as well.

Gwommy
Count

Merit: 30

Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 07:53:50 AM »

I just spray painted them with a can of spray paint.  I didn't do any pre-sanding down or finishing coat.  Quick and easy, although you have to let some sides dry so you can flip it and paint the bottom.  It's been about 5 years and no sign of wear.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »

At 20 euros, that's more than the cost of the material, which makes me suspect he's trying to recoup set up costs. I wonder if they're molded or extruded? The low quantity is also strange; the price per meeple would be much better if he had produced more.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2011, 01:41:30 PM »

These appear to be selling the same items, but it's good to have alternative suppliers sometimes:
http://www.miniongames.com/accessories/boardgame-parts.html
http://www.rpgshop.com/accessories/boardgame-parts/

MeeplePeople is now MeepleSource. Direct link to wooden meeples section:
http://www.meeplesource.com/products.php?filter=woodenmeeples
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:55:46 PM by Scott » Logged

FennShysa
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2011, 07:50:44 AM »

Also, www.boardsandbits.com has sets of 8 regular sized meeples in the original colors for 2.25. Along with cubes and catan boats and all sorts of extra useful stuff.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: