AotC: The Leper (completed)
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 03:28:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AotC: The Leper (completed)  (Read 8391 times)
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:40:59 AM »

Quote from: Joff
I saw an idea mentioned on BGG called 'Moses and the Golden Calf'. I did not like the mechanics (that was fairy and dragon) but the idea would be better as the Ark in reverse. The Golden Calf deducts points from the followers it passes. However, the Golden Calf cannot occupy the tile that the Ark is currently residing upon; neither can the Golden Calf occupy the scoring area of a temple (an orthogonal cross with the temple in the middle). The Golden Calf is seen as idolatry among the Israelites as they worship the Golden Calf instead of God.

Moses and the Golden Calf is an idea that, although in the OT, predates Joshua's entering into the Promised Land, in fact, Moses was dead when Joshua entered into the Land... but the reminder of the event could be in the game.

http://maydaygames.com/index.php/gaming-accessories/cattle-cows-10-wooden-tokens.html

Jeroboam built two golden calves after he took over the northern tribes, one in Dan and the other in Bethel. I think the idea of a reverse Ark mechanic is worth doing, so we'll need some rules text...

Moving the Golden Calf
The Golden Calf is placed on the board immediately when the sixth city is completed. The player who completed that city, decides on which tile of the city he wishes to place The Golden Calf. He places
The Golden Calf on one of the completed city segments and his turn is now over.

Red chooses not to place a follower and instead moves The Golden Calf. Since The Golden Calf
passes both a red follower and a blue follower, players red and blue each lose 1 point.

Now that The Golden Calf is on the playing surface you have the option, after you have played a tile, of placing a follower, moving The Ark, moving the Golden Calf, or taking no action. If you decide to move The Golden Calf, you can move it from 1 to 5 tile spaces. You may not move it onto a tile that you have already moved across on your turn (you can not backtrack). For each follower that you pass with The Golden Calf, that player loses 1 point.

Note: If The Golden Calf starts on a tile which includes a follower, that follower does not lose 1 point when The Golden Calf begins its journey. If The Golden Calf ends on a tile with a follower, that follower loses 1 point.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:08:37 AM by Scott » Logged

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 07:17:14 PM »

Hmm... the Golden Calf built by Jeroboam was never moved - they stayed where they were built.  I would think that if something that moves is required, then perhaps you could include Invading Philistines or something like that.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 11:21:26 AM »

The moving aspect of this expansion sounds like the Leper to me, which I think could easily just transfer as is.  i.e. AotC: The Leper.

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 06:08:59 PM »

I think I was too excited to suggest more expansions for AotC and forgot about the Leper. Novelty also has made a good point; I was trying too hard to make something work.

Transferring the Leper is a much better idea. Do you want to do it, since it's yours?

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 08:02:37 PM »

The Leper is not mine, it's Joff's.  I'll bet he'd do it or else give you permission to do so.

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 08:53:11 PM »

My bad. It's been so long I've forgotten who did what.

Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 12:12:07 PM »

Yeah, go on then! Permission granted!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »

Tada!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmndzndzgqd

I pre-emptively put provisions in for the City of Jerusalem expansion so that I don't have to remember to do it later.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 06:45:17 PM »

This still needs to be added to the downloads page on the web site.

BlueDogs

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: