Thanks.
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 07:14:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks.  (Read 4533 times)
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« on: August 21, 2010, 10:05:58 AM »

I thought I would take a moment to say thanks. Over the last 5 years I have been a member of a number of forums. The last few years I have engaged in a couple of "Social Engienerring" initiatives. Based on recommendations and personal experience, I selected Simple Machines Forums (SMF) as our Discussion Forums software. In many ways I have used this site to learn about aspects of SMF.

I have run a set of discussion forums (Bixby's) for family and friends for about three years. We hover at about 100 members, (I prune inactive members pretty aggressively). In that time we have garnered quite a bit of success in using the software for event planning. The calendar is a central part of what we use. Not a lot of discussions per se as would be typical in a set of discussion forums. It is a great organizational tool.

That brings me to our current project. I was challenged to take the success of our private forums and create a site that would help with the organization of gaming in Saskatchewan. We are well underway and have not even gone live and we are getting lots of activity.

I have learned lots in the last few years and appreciate the patience and support for my silly questions and poking around. The new site incorporates security to maintain access to private venues while giving full access to public venues. I am excited to see how this develops.

Have a peak if you like: http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php

I know I am not a very active member here, but I thought it was prudent to offer thanks for allowing me to lurk, learn , and occasionally post. Smiley

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 10:32:06 AM »

Thanks for being here. I have discovered a lot of online friends here at Carcassonne Central, you being one of many...

that's the sucking up over... when I visit Canada I'm expecting to be put up by you so I can use that wonderful games room of yours!

PS: and I like squirrels (but I hate Guinness...)
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »

Bixby! Nice job, as you probably have discovered it's a lot of work but can be rewarding. Continued success with your forums! As a token of our gratitude from the people of British Columbia, we have sent a large cloud of smoke over your province to let you know we approve of your activities! (for those who aren't in on the joke, clicky)

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 01:58:40 PM »

Joff:
It would be great to meet in you in person. I would be happy to buy you a pint of _____ and happily drink your Guinness. Smiley

Gantry:
Thanks for the well wishing. I hope all is well with you. You have plenty on your plate. I hope no-one you know is adversely affected by the fires. Very best wishes your way.

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: