FaceBook - The Not So Social Network?
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 08:41:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FaceBook - The Not So Social Network?  (Read 5525 times)
Wishmaster
Count

Merit: 4

I've got Purple Meeples!

WWW Awards
« on: February 19, 2011, 06:08:59 AM »

Just had a post on FaceBook that I shall post here for the benefit of those it misses :

FB at it again. Wonder why you're only seeing status updates from the same people? Facebook has changed its News Feed so that by default you can only see updates from people you have recently interacted with! To change this click the arrow next to 'most recent' then "edit options" and tick the box to receive updates from ALL friends. Most importantly - repost this! Only a few of your friends will actually see it

Pass it on, stick it in your status.

Time for one more daring dream...
Boondocker
Freeman

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 06:34:39 AM »

Nice. I'm not on FB anymore, but my wife says that when she changed her options to reverse this, all of the applications that she'd previously blocked started showing up in her feed again.
Sekim
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »

I've never used Facebook nor any of the other well known so-called social networks. I don't know why ... but somehow I get the idea that those kinda sites are not for me.
MrBlu
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »

I do use Facebook.  That kind of stuff changes all the time, almost every time there is an update.  I changed that months ago.  I've just resigned myself to checking my privacy settings once a week anyway that way any changes will be put back...lol....
Talisinbear
Duke

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 01:50:35 PM »

facebook is a pain, but to promote book sales, network with artists etc, it is amazing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: