A call for help
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 11:17:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A call for help  (Read 18403 times)
joshgambit
Vassal

Merit: 6

Awards
« on: March 10, 2011, 09:00:40 AM »

I've just started this journey to lose weight and get fit.

I have signed up for an online fitness contest and I have been chosen as a semi-finalist. Starting on this Sunday, March 13 for 7 days, there will be on-line voting.

My question to this wonderful community of people is this: Will you vote for me? It's daily on-line voting - 1 vote/day/email address.

The details are this; the contest is for a fitness package and at-home training. At the end of 5 weeks, I will run a 'race' in downtown Des Moines. I currently weigh in at 355 lbs, which is at least 150 lbs overweight. My wife and I have started making lifestyle changes, and I'm monitoring every calorie I take in and also my exercise. I'm up to 21 minutes on the elliptical (from 3 minutes one month ago). I'm starting to do weight-training and running on the treadmill. I've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week for about 1 hour/day.

The prize package would be a huge motivator for me - I would really love to win. Would you be willing to help me? Would you be also willing to pass this along to as many people as you can for votes?

I will post more details as I get them. I'm very excited for this opportunity, and I'm amazed I made it this far.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:22:18 AM by joshgambit » Logged
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:17:55 AM »

I'd be willing to help. What exactly is the vote for? Or are we just showing a measure of support for the contestant.

How much have you lost so far?

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
joshgambit
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 09:27:48 AM »

I'll have more details in a few days.  But, as I understand it, there are 12 semi-finalists.  From those 12, the public gets to vote, bringing it down to 4 winners.

So, your vote would be basically who (whom?) you deem worthy of the prize.  Here is the website with more details:

http://www.whipit180.com/

I've been logging my calories in/out for about 1 solid week.  The last time I was at the doctor's office (in January) - the scale showed me at around 365 lbs.  When I weighed myself last Friday, I was at 354.8 lbs.

My ultimate goal is to weigh in at around 180 lbs.  I also want to run a 10K, and if I like running enough, I might try a 1/2 marathon.  I love cycling, and I've always wanted to ride a century.

I know that I have a long road ahead of me.  But this would help me out so much!
henrysunset
Villein

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 09:40:42 AM »

I am so pleased to hear about your drive to improve your health and fitness.  Feeling good is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, and this will make such a difference.  If we can vote for you online, let us know!

The nice thing is that exercise and diet are tools that work together.  You aren't necessarily bound to eat bland and boring food, so seek out things which are both nutritious and healthy.  You can include fruit or nuts in an otherwise bland salad to add interest and crunchiness.

Best of luck in your fitness goals, and remember no matter what happens, you win! 
MrBlu
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:23:06 PM »

That is cool.  I myself am waiting for insurance approval for bariatric surgery.  Ever since my thyroid gave out, I just can't substantially lose weight.  Right now I'm at 338.  Need to hit 180-200 myself.  I will gladly support you!  Best of luck!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »

Good for you man!  I'm coming in between 340-350 myself.  However, I'm 6'3 and could only see 180 if I cut my legs off!  My fightin weight is somewhere around 260.  I'd like to see that some day, just need to commit.  Made it to 268 when I was wrestling in college and felt great, but that was several moons ago.  Work hard and hang in there!

Flee the fleas!
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 12:32:56 PM »

I bought EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii back in November when it first came out and it has been doing quite a bit to help me lose weight while still fitting in my schedule. My goal has been 156 lbs. which is the point at which I am no longer "officially" overweight. I fought off obesity a while back and have been maintaining a weight of around 188 lbs for the past two years (around 200 is obese for my height and age). But ever since I graduated from college, my weight has been increasing and I've done little to stop it. I still eat garbage food but I try to eat less in general and count all my calories. I'm down 10 lbs since December but am only very slowly working down from there. But it's a start. I'm rooting for anyone trying to lose weight, regardless of the amount. It can only help!

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
joshgambit
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 08:49:27 AM »

Hello All!

I apologize if you receive this email more than once.  I am in a contest for a fitness challenge called Whip It 180 http://www.whipit180.com/ ..  It’s sponsored by Wellmark.  I have the opportunity to win a really nice prize package, including:  ASICS Workout Clothing package and an Exercise Kit including

* Exercise Bands
    * Exercise Body Ball
    * Medicine Ball
    * Jump Rope
    * Workout Mat
    * Lifestyle Management Program
    * BodyBugg®  Armband
    * Wellmark Food Journal
    * Personal Training by Rebecca Meyer, At-Home Winner from “The Biggest Loser”

The voting is simple.  The 4 people with the most votes, wins! (They call it a challenge, but it’s basically a contest).  Go here:

http://www.whipit180.com/semi_finalist/joshua-kraling/

And click on “Vote”. 

It's a daily voting "thing", so vote every day.  If you have multiple computers, use 'em!  Every day!  If you would be willing to repost this on your blog/Facebook/Twitter/Email, that would be so FANTASTIC too!!!

Some history about myself over the past couple of months.  Julie and I have started making some fantastic changes in our lives.  We’ve joined the gym in town and we’re doing really good.  I’m up to 20-25 minutes on the elliptical (up from 3 minutes my first time), and today I ran 5 minutes on the treadmill.  We have started eating better – smaller portion sizes, healthier choices, less ‘junk’ in the house.  I weighed myself this week, and I’ve lost 8.6 pounds in the past 7 days.  I’m hoping that trend continues.  My goal is about 2 pounds/week, though.

I’m very excited about this, and when I win this fitness challenge - at the end of 5 weeks, I get to run the Grand Blue Mile on April 26th.  http://www.grandbluemile.com/

I won’t know anything until Friday, March 18th at the very earliest.   This will be a HUGE motivator for not only me, but for Julie and the girls, too.

Please vote for me, and please forward this to anyone you know that would also vote for me.  Here are the rules from the Whip It 180 site:
The Winner in each category will be the person(s) whose Essay receives the greatest number of valid votes from the public from March 13 to March 19, and who satisfies all of the Official Rules.  Anyone can vote; however, only one vote per E-mail address per day (midnight to midnight) is allowed.  The entry with the most on-line votes wins. In the event of a tie, the sponsors will choose the winner.
Also, since it’s a ‘daily voting’ kind of thing, I might be sending more emails out to you.  Again, I apologize if you get this more than once.

I’ll be posting my progress on my blog:  http://youhaveablog.blogspot.com/

Thank you, thank you!!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »

You've got my support. I voted just now and put a daily reminder in my Outlook calendar. I'm currently at 254 pounds myself and would like to lose at least 50 of that.

joshgambit
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 04:55:26 AM »

Perfect time to vote!!
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 06:58:15 AM »

Josh, I voted yesterday and just now today. Good luck with this!

joshgambit
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »

I just got an email saying the voting is going strong!  I don't have any info if I'm winning/losing.

Votes are counted per IP address -- so once per computer (home/school/work) & mobiles too!  You can vote once per day - until Friday!

Please, please vote for me! 
CARC_Zoner
Authors
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 05:50:39 PM »

Just voted!  Keep up the good work!
joshgambit
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 03:48:40 AM »

Hi everyone!

Thank you for voting! It continues today, through Friday.

http://www.whipit180.com/semi_finalist/joshua-kraling/

You can also post a link via Facebook, if you would like. I appreciate everything!!

Thank you,
Joshua
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26:23 AM »

Voted twice today Josh. Good luck.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: