Carcassonne: Roads to Victory
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 01:05:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Carcassonne: Roads to Victory  (Read 21975 times)
JPutt927
Authors
Duke

Merit: 32

Conquering the world...One tile at a time.

Awards
« on: April 04, 2011, 09:47:25 AM »

Hello All! For the past few weeks I've been working on yet another expansion. In fact, I have pretty much all of it done, with the exception of the rules. I want to share the title logo I created in an effort to get some people interested...which I hope will finally give me some motivation to write the darn rules (something I find to be very tedious). With only one or two potential ideas left up my sleeves, this is likely to be one of my final expansions. I hope you enjoy the logo...and soon to come, the rest of the artwork!   Smiley

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:25:05 PM by JPutt927 » Logged
CARC_Zoner
Authors
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 03:12:56 PM »

Anticipation is building....

CARC_Zoner
JPutt927
Authors
Duke

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »

As mentioned above, the rules are coming soon. With that said, here's the tiles! It's my largest expansion yet (in terms of tile numbers). Also, there's 2 new wooden pieces to go along with the expansion...more on those soon!   Smiley

Here's the link to the tiles...  http://www.mediafire.com/?jjp0k9ajba3vc
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »

Looks interesting.  I'll look forward to the explaination.

Flee the fleas!
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 03:03:55 AM »

Nice job on the tiles JPutt. Looking forward to the rules.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
jcardwell3rd
Vassal

Merit: 5

You can put it there if you want, you dont have to

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 07:00:15 AM »

looks like there are road increasers(wells) and road decreasers (tolls). Are the jem tokens to be drawn randomly from a bag when you play a gem tile? and you get what is on the back? I like the idea of having more open 4 ways etc. I love how that increases the size of roads and allows for some nice teritory battles between theifs.

Cheers,
III

Could you place this for me? Over there. Nope, Spin, Spin, The other way. Over a little, little more. THERE!
MrBlu
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 09:25:41 AM »

I like the way this looks!  Can't wait to see the rules!
ksupan79
Cottager

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 01:20:25 AM »

I haven't missed the rules for this fanspansion have I??  I believe I have made or am in the process of making most of your exps.  Your artwork is very top notch, thank you for all your creative fun you have given us over the years!!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 05:38:39 AM »

"fanspansion"... nice!  I believe you have coined a phrase sir (well, a word anyway).  That deserves a merit point.  Cheesy

Flee the fleas!
FennShysa
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 03:54:48 PM »

I would also like to hear the rules for this one.  It looks to be one i'd like.
ksupan79
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »

"fanspansion"... nice!  I believe you have coined a phrase sir (well, a word anyway).  That deserves a merit point.  Cheesy
If I knew that's all I need to do to obtain points I would have been adding made up words on questions since I first started roaming the forums...lol!!  Thank you for the props.  But more importantly thank you all for the amazing "fanspansions"!!
Fritz_Spinne
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 08:39:46 AM »

Here are my rule-suggestions:

Diamonds, which robbers "find" on the road: Whoever completes the road, gets a diamond-token. At the end of the game he gets the sum of the points on the back of the tokens - he also can lose points. The barrels, clothes and wheat backs count for the other Token of T&B. Whoever has the most of the tokens gets 10 points bonus.

Wells:As usual every well counts  1 point bonus for the thief, 2 points if there is an inn at the lake

Toll station (blue roofs): The player who lays a toll station tile can deploy a tollkeeper. When the street is complete, he gets a half of a point for every tile of the street.

Horses at the road: When the road is completed the thief can ride to another road, which connects to the completed road. If there is more than one thief the player, who completed the road, can use the horse at first.

What do you think of these suggestions?
Talisinbear
Duke

Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 01:25:55 PM »

toll station I don't mind, although I'd rather some bridge tiles where you could deploy a bridge troll that gets 1/2 points, great flavour.

the horse is neat idea. Might be better if a player had a horse meeple (if they make such a thing)

Diamonds, maybe could be changed a bit, A treasure road tile, pull a card which gives a range of 'treasure', Examples, a potion that thief takes to become the larger meeple? Various goods tokens? etc. Should be a negative one or two as well.

JM2C
ksupan79
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 07:38:51 PM »

It's nice to have some great ideas for rules on this expansion, thank you guys for thinking some up...but if you do pop back your official rules will be loved JPutt927
JPutt927
Authors
Duke

Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »

At long last, the rules are finally complete. They've been finished for awhile, it's just getting them into format that I find to be so tedious. Anywho, here they are...along with an updated link to the tiles and jewel tokens (a few changes have been made). And btw, good guess on the jewel's rule...it was spot on.

Roads to Victory rules - http://www.mediafire.com/?fuoy1fmjiu21bj8
Roads to Victory tiles - http://www.mediafire.com/?64vhzlwgb4x4ncd
                                http://www.mediafire.com/?ak91doj71gd2ovt
                                http://www.mediafire.com/?b696acbrephr6jv
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: