Tiles thickness
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 12:54:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiles thickness  (Read 9217 times)
Arr_Turgeon
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:24:28 PM »

If one were making his own custom tiles on chipboard, what thickness should the chipboard be? I think this might have been covered in another thread, and I looked. I went through a bunch of threads, but I couldn't locate the information. I saw .80 gauge, but I can't locate anything like that on Google (not anything helpful at least). Uline sells .022 and .030 thickness chipboard. These seem extremely thin to me (if the .80 gauge is correct). I can think in feet and inches (former theatrical carpenter), but not in paper weight thickness.

Thanks. By the way, I just recently learned about Carcassonne and bought the Big Box (as well as River I and II). What a fantastic game.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:33:33 PM »

Carc tiles are 2mm thick, which converts to 0.0787401575 inches.

N1ghtw1ng
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »

I recently went to Staples Office Supply and found 20" x 30" White Illustration Board.  It is 2mm thick.  I print my tile fronts and backs on the full page labels, stick them on the board, cut them out with a craft knife, and they look and feel just like the real tiles.
neosatan
Nobleman

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 05:06:22 AM »

I use paper of 18mm thickness. I know that original goes by 2mm, bu when You count glue, and illustrated sticker/paper You get something like original ones but thicker by 0,09mm - 0,12mm. I am very glad of that thickness cause more tiles goes to one pile when playing, and when You have this tile on board, or in hand you can't tell the diffrence to the original ones. Maybe I will post some photos of my work...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: