Stone Walls
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 04:02:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stone Walls  (Read 18450 times)
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 10:41:16 AM »

You should combine all four file into one ZIP file. If the resulting ZIP file is too large, let me know and I can work my magic.

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 08:46:43 PM »

You should combine all four file into one ZIP file. If the resulting ZIP file is too large, let me know and I can work my magic.

Hi Scott - I did zip the file. Can you check to see if it is too large? I don't have the tiles in a PDF - wasn't sure how to do that.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 10:34:14 PM »

I'll try to look into this tomorrow.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 12:58:29 PM »

Working on this right now and thought it might be helpful to explain how I'm tackling it. For the rules PDF, I'm using the PDF Optimizer feature in Adobe Acrobat Professional, though it didn't have much of an impact this time around because the rules PDF was already quite small.

I downloaded your tile images and I see that they are in JPG format. This is a pain in the backside for printing purposes because it might come out at the wrong size. It is best to convert the JPG to PDF, and the easiest way to do that AND make sure it will print the correct size is to import the tile images into Microsoft Word and create a PDF from there. Microsoft Word has the ability to size images to specific print sizes.

Ideally, all the tile images should be imported into Microsoft Word separately. You've got several tile images in one image, with white space in between. Although the white space appears to be "empty", it still contributes towards the overall size of the image; fortunately not as much as the colored parts of the image though. I'm not going to slice them apart because that's too much work for me, but I will need to slice one of the tile images for math purposes. By extracting one of the tiles from the overall image, I can size it to 1.75" and I see that the scale is 32% of the original size. Now I know to resize your original group images to 32% of their original size and the tiles will print at 1.75" wide by 1.75" tall.

I'd like to briefly point out that if each tile was a separate image, there is opportunity to fit more than 12 per page. Right now there is three pages of 12 tiles each, but if it is possible to get it down to two pages that would save an entire sheet of label paper.

Here's the finished ZIP file, weighing in at a svelte 1.54 MB:
http://carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=168

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 07:05:48 PM »

This is brilliant Scott. Thank you. I am really enjoying learning this.  Not worthy  Cheesy

Hawkinsssable
Cottager

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »

I just wanted to write a quick post saying that I really, really love the concept and am definitely going to print a copy and play a game with them. My only problem is that I'm seriously OCD about visuals and the colours on the tiles are a little inconsistent, as well as some of the tiles being a bit visually cluttered with bushes, little houses, farms, horses, etc. Everything else looks amazing to me - especially the way the roads run under the wall gates and the nice little dirt path leading down from the cloister.
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »

I just wanted to write a quick post saying that I really, really love the concept and am definitely going to print a copy and play a game with them. My only problem is that I'm seriously OCD about visuals and the colours on the tiles are a little inconsistent, as well as some of the tiles being a bit visually cluttered with bushes, little houses, farms, horses, etc. Everything else looks amazing to me - especially the way the roads run under the wall gates and the nice little dirt path leading down from the cloister.

Thanks for endorsement! I'd really like to hear your review and comments after you play a few times.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:19:58 PM by Carcking » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: