Game Table Cover
Carcassonne Central
April 27, 2024, 10:43:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Table Cover  (Read 5972 times)
jcardwell3rd
Vassal

Merit: 5

You can put it there if you want, you dont have to

WWW Awards
« on: July 31, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »

Hi All,

I recently caught a sale at JO-ANN fabrics near my house.

After all coupons and discounts I managed to get a 4.5ft x 9 ft piece of MARINE GRADE VINYL for around 15$!!! Score...

I chose that size so I could use it on a piece of 4x8 plywood and still have some wiggle room.

I like using a table cover because it helps solve the edge of the table problem (note the word helps - the table will never be big enough lol).

It allows you to pull the cover to move the board a bit without causing an earthquake in carcassonne.

I have tried to use sheets-too thin and distorts when pulled on, plastic table cloths - sticky and ugly. So i decided to look for some backed leather like vinyl. I found it a while ago but the price was too steep at the time, i saw this sale and jackpot!

It is water proof so no more coasters, it wipes clean with water so snack away (just keep the tiles clean and dry, they cant be cleaned with water!)

Anywho, I love it.

On to the pictures i guess...

This is the beginning or end of a fun night.

Here is a look at the texture as compared to a couple tiles.

And here is a look at the backing as compared to the front and some tiles. The knit thick style backing helps it drape nicely over the edge of the table, and slide easily without distortion.

So i guess i am trying to say, if you don't have one or something like it, keep an eye out.

Cheers,
III

Could you place this for me? Over there. Nope, Spin, Spin, The other way. Over a little, little more. THERE!
ne0x
Cottager

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 06:23:21 PM »

That is really nice.  Of course, my OC tendencies were hoping to see a grid to line up the squares.

This is not the signature you're looking for...
jcardwell3rd
Vassal

Merit: 5

You can put it there if you want, you dont have to

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:26:26 PM »

That is really nice.  Of course, my OC tendencies were hoping to see a grid to line up the squares.

I know i want to mark the center, and maybe a north south east and west reference lines, but i dont know if i can pull off the grid spacing propery...thought to be had on this issue...as well as weather to to hem the edge or just leave it alone.

Sometimes i think it is better to not have any grids or lies at all, if there is nothing to be misaligned with, problem solved  Wink
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:47:50 PM by jcardwell3rd » Logged

Cheers,
III

Could you place this for me? Over there. Nope, Spin, Spin, The other way. Over a little, little more. THERE!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »

This looks really cool.  It would be great to have for sure.

That is really nice.  Of course, my OC tendencies were hoping to see a grid to line up the squares.

like  Wink
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:00:26 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: