Seperate Celebration expansion
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 01:36:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Seperate Celebration expansion  (Read 17015 times)
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« on: August 27, 2011, 12:29:38 AM »

I knew they were available as spare parts, but I thought maybe I missed something.  I wonder if the festival tiles are also available.
You know, I would start selling the festival tiles separate if I knew there were enough people wanting to buy them.  Is there a big interest?

Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 01:05:19 AM »

I think there would be a decent interest for the Celebration tiles. I mean, what I think would actually be the best solution is make a Celebration / School expansion, especially since School sounds like it will be very few (perhaps one even) tiles. It could be something like the 10th Anniversary Expansion (instead of edition). I'd love it if a stand-alone of School sold in the US still benefited the Hans im Glück charity. Perhaps the entire 11-tile (or more) expansion could benefit the charity. Toss in Crop Circles, Tunnel, and Plague and you have a full-blown expansion!

Anyway, yes, I think there would be interest in just the 10 tiles. Perhaps in a small meeple-shaped box. That could be fun.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 03:56:04 AM »

Anyway, yes, I think there would be interest in just the 10 tiles. Perhaps in a small meeple-shaped box. That could be fun.

Here here!  I second that motion with a big Thumbs up

Split from School thread.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:48:06 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 12:08:58 PM »

I should have a few packages from the charity project to distribute.  Of course the funds will still go towards the cause in Ghana.  The Celebration tiles would not, but  could I get assistance with a Tuckbox for this one? I know someone on the site did a great job in this department. :-)

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 02:59:14 PM »

It would be great if we could make this happen.  I'm sure there would be a number of people who would jump on the tuckbox thing.  Is there anyway you could get the other expansions?  Not that I want to throw water on it, but are you sure that you'll be able to sell it seperately?  Do you think you'd be able to get ahold of any of the others like Crop Circles, Tunnels, and Plague?  Do you think you'd be able to produce anything from our site?  The wheels are really turning...

Flee the fleas!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 04:06:22 PM »

On second thought, I think the Tuckbox would be better if available for download from here if someone wants it versus it being shipped with the tiles. I can definitely sell the Celebration tiles separate, but not approved for selling Tunnels, Plague, or Crop Circles yet.  The school expansion should be approved for donation only, but I will of course let everyone know once it is approved after the Essen fair.

The fan expansions is a grey area since not official and I am not authorized to sell them... However, I will be selling blank tiles in the near future, hopefully :-)

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »

I ended up buying the 10th Anniversary Edition (because I have OCD), so I don't need Celebration separately, but I am interested in Crop Circles and School if you're ever able to get your hands on them.

Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 08:57:45 PM »

well the Anniversary edition is definitely worth getting since you get the awesome Meeple Scoreboard and translucent meeples (as if you didn't have enough already lol) 

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »

I also bought all 6 colors of the Phantom expansion, so I probably have more translucent meeples than opaque....

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 10:02:24 PM »

One idea I had was to sell our expansions as sticker sheets in sets of two.  There are plenty of fanspansions we have that can be just two tiles.  The idea being to sell them for use with the two tiles for Creativity.  Then, if you end up selling sheets of 12, the possibilities are numerous. 

There is also the matter of meeples.  Meeple Source has been good (much better since they finally got their stock in), but there are still many parts that are unavailable like dragons, counts, bridges, meeples from other versions like H&G.  Just thinking out loud.

Flee the fleas!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 12:27:10 PM »

these are great ideas CK! I will see what I can do in this department. :-)

Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 08:57:52 PM »

but there are still many parts that are unavailable like dragons, counts, bridges, meeples from other versions like H&G.  Just thinking out loud.

So RGG again is restricting this for within the USA, but I most likely can sell spare parts to the UK if there is enough interested. Sorry for all the bad news lately, too much red tape.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 12:27:26 AM »

but there are still many parts that are unavailable like dragons, counts, bridges, meeples from other versions like H&G.  Just thinking out loud.

So RGG again is restricting this for within the USA, but I most likely can sell spare parts to the UK if there is enough interested. Sorry for all the bad news lately, too much red tape.

That doesn't make any sense.  Jay won't sell them.  I bought some from him one time and he wouldn't do it again after that.  Not to mention that he charged me an arm and leg for them.  Crazy...

Flee the fleas!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 11:34:59 AM »

**UPDATE** I will have Meeple from H&G, Bridges, and more parts soon! Dragon and Count pieces will be available as magnets only. I will update the Shoppe post when they launch ;-)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:32:00 PM by Carcatronn » Logged

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 07:02:42 PM »

**UPDATE** I will have Meeple from H&G, Bridges, and more parts soon! Dragon and Count pieces will be available as magnets only. I will update the Shoppe post when they launch ;-)

This is good news indeed.  I use the one-arm-up meeples for the Missionary and Shepherds expansions.  Anything you can get will be great.  I just hope you are able to move them.

Flee the fleas!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: