Carcassonne Score Keeper by Scott
Carcassonne Central
April 20, 2024, 04:02:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Carcassonne Score Keeper by Scott  (Read 42851 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 07:48:20 AM »

I'm not familiar with Lindquist's images, can you point me in the right direction?
I’m not sure I got his name right and I can’t find the photo, but they are the 3D images that Joff uses in his rules documents.  Maybe someone knows where to find them?

For some reason I thought that the number of besieged cities was not enough information to properly calculate the points, but now that I'm thinking about it (though it is early in the morning, so maybe this isn't the best time to be thinking) the besieged bonus could be calculated as number of besieged cities x 3?
It should include the pig and pig heard where applicable, right?  It would probably be easy to add farm scoring for Castles to the box too since it’s just 4 points as opposed to 3 for cities plus pig(s) bonuses as well.

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 07:58:31 AM »

Yes, I guess people will want the pig and pig-herd bonuses too. Wink

I just discovered another problem with the King and Robber Baron. I've been awarding it to the player who scores, but according to the rules it goes to the player who completes. There's two possible solutions here:

1. The easiest solution is to prompt for who completed the city/road when the application detects that a larger one has been completed.

2. Slightly more work, but possibly nicer, would be to change the feature scoring windows so that you can select from a dropdown menu the player who completed the feature, and also select using checkboxes which player(s) should score points. This would simplify the scoring of shared features. It could also mean moving the four buttons out of each player's box and having a single set of buttons, which could be a challenge layout-wise.

Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 12:08:10 PM »

I'm not familiar with Lindquist's images, can you point me in the right direction?
I’m not sure I got his name right and I can’t find the photo, but they are the 3D images that Joff uses in his rules documents.  Maybe someone knows where to find them?

I believe his username on Deviart is Tranberry. Try googling tranberry devianart, you should be able to find the meeple images
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:45:20 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »

I’m not sure I got his name right and I can’t find the photo, but they are the 3D images that Joff uses in his rules documents.  Maybe someone knows where to find them?
I believe his username on Deviart is Tranberry. Try googling tranberry devianart, you should be able to find the meeple images.

Of course.  HERE is the link though I've never seen it with the Carcassonne background.  I believe we have permission to you them, but I think Joff could confirm that.

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 06:22:07 PM »

I have uploaded v1.0.2:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y3y4qtz8euzfnda

• Fixed end-game scoring for roads, cities, and cloisters. They no longer count towards the number of completed features or towards the awarding of the King or Robber Baron tiles.
  • Fixed logic for awarding of King and Robber Baron. The City and Road scoring windows now have a dropdown menu to select who completed the feature, which defaults to the player who is scoring.
  • Took the easy way out regarding farm scoring for castles by changing the label on the Barn checkbox to say "Barn or Castle?".
  • Added Gold meeple color. You need to type the word in manually on the spreadsheet to use this color, same as the other non-standard colors.

I actually ran into difficulty trying to add the Nude meeple color, so I'm not sure when/if I'll be able to add this. I've been thinking about whether to add the non-standard colors to the spinners, and I keep coming back to the same thought that I don't want to get e-mail from people asking where to buy the other colors. The eventual plan is to have this available on BoardGameGeek too, and some people may not be aware of MeepleSource. I also think about this with regards to Friar and Farmhand, and any other fan-made expansion. I don't want e-mail asking where to buy/get these non-official expansions. I also don't want to subject our friendly local game store owners to questions from uninformed Carcassonne shoppers asking for fan-made expansions thinking they are official.

I downloaded the images from Deviantart, but I'm not sure how useful they'll be because he's only made images for the official meeple colors (problem #1), and changing the method I'm currently using would be more effort than it's worth (I like having just one meeple image).

I hope I'm not rubbing anybody the wrong way with the decisions I'm making. None of them are set in stone for all eternity; I'm willing to listen to reason, though I'm not easy to convince. Grin

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »

Took the easy way out regarding farm scoring for castles by changing the label on the Barn checkbox to say "Barn or Castle?".
OK, I have to ask though, what if you have both on your farm?

I hope I'm not rubbing anybody the wrong way with the decisions I'm making. None of them are set in stone for all eternity; I'm willing to listen to reason, though I'm not easy to convince. Grin
I'm offended that you don't rush to bend to my every whim!  Cry  Not really.

EDIT: After a quick look, I clicked the drop-down for selecting who completed the road/city and there are spaces available, but they are all blank.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 07:13:08 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »

If the farm has both, you could score it twice?

The spaces are blank when no names have been typed in.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »

If the farm has both, you could score it twice?
I don't think that will work.  You'd have to play around with the numbers because you wouldn't be able to input the cities again.

The spaces are blank when no names have been typed in.
Of course, for some reason I was expecting it to show the player color instead of name.  Names make much more sense. 

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 06:40:21 AM »

I'll have to review the rules for BC&B and figure something out. Expansions that I haven't played with yet are challenging for me to wrap my head around.

Should I fall back to the color if the name is not filled in?

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 07:41:46 AM »

Should I fall back to the color if the name is not filled in?

That would probably save you an email or seven.

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 06:23:42 PM »

For the time being, here is version 1.0.3:

I've added the fallback to the color names. I also loaded up the CAR and went through the rules for the Castle with a fine-tooth comb. I misunderstood how castles are scored in relation to farms; I thought the castle owner was scoring for farm completion, but it's the farmer who is scoring the castle. I renamed the Barn checkbox back the way it was and added a "Number of Castles" text box.

I need more time to figure out a solution to the actual scoring of castles. It's not good to use the city/road/cloister scoring buttons because they increment the city/road/cloister counters. I think I need to add a Castle button. Until then, please add your castle points manually.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »

I've added the fallback to the color names. I also loaded up the CAR and went through the rules for the Castle with a fine-tooth comb. I misunderstood how castles are scored in relation to farms; I thought the castle owner was scoring for farm completion, but it's the farmer who is scoring the castle. I renamed the Barn checkbox back the way it was and added a "Number of Castles" text box.

Sounds great.  I think this will work best.  I'm not 100% sure, but it is my assumption that farm scoring for castles inclues the +1 for the pig and pig herd as well.  Can anyone back that up?

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 09:46:18 PM »

Checking the CAR, I see that castles do indeed receive +1 bonuses. Apparently barns also give a +1 bonus to castles. That means my math is still wrong. Sad

Here's version 1.0.4:

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 03:20:34 AM »

I'm not 100% sure, but it is my assumption that farm scoring for castles inclues the +1 for the pig and pig herd as well.  Can anyone back that up?

I think the letter of the rules state "Cities" for pig and pig herd? Of course, castles did not exist when those were written but I would still tend to failsafe to the rules until officially clarified.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »

I think the letter of the rules state "Cities" for pig and pig herd? Of course, castles did not exist when those were written but I would still tend to failsafe to the rules until officially clarified.

You'll want to jump ahead to pages 79 thru 81 (CAR v5.0b9) to read the rules regarding castles. The passage in question is at the top of page 81:

During the final scoring, a castle on a farm scores 4 points (instead of the 3 usual for a city), or 5 points with a pig (Traders and Builders) or barn (Abbey and Mayor).

There's actually no explicit mention of the pig-herd, but I think it's reasonable to assume that the pig-herd should give an additional +1 on top of the pig for a total of 6 points.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: