Carcassonne Score Keeper by Scott
Carcassonne Central
April 18, 2024, 12:00:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Carcassonne Score Keeper by Scott  (Read 42826 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 05:30:11 PM »

There's actually no explicit mention of the pig-herd, but I think it's reasonable to assume that the pig-herd should give an additional +1 on top of the pig for a total of 6 points.

I agree.  I think it is reasonable as well.

Flee the fleas!
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 08:37:39 AM »

Yes, I see. The Pig was considered in the BC&B rules. That clears it up nicely.

And I would agree that it's reasonable then to extend it to the pig herd as well for a +1.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2011, 12:13:02 PM »

I want to say that I've been giving the castle situation some thought, but truthfully I haven't. However, as these things often go, I just got an idea.

Originally I thought that I would have to build a separate castle scoring window that would consist of all the other windows combined and be really confusing. Today it occurred to me that castle scoring is actually only one of two very similar problems. The other problem is scoring a shared feature, where two players have an equal number of meeples. In this situation, we also don't want to increment the number of completed whatever by more than one.

So here's the new idea, which I hope to implement today but may not have ready until this evening because I have to go to a BBQ this afternoon. I intend to add a pair of radio buttons (the round ones where can only pick one at a time) to each of the existing scoring screens where you can specify that this feature is being scored for the first time or being scored again for a different player. If you select the "scoring again" option, the number of whatever will not be incremented and the largest city or longest road will not be recalculated. I think this will be very easy to implement, and it's a small change so I don't have to increase the version number to 1.1 yet. Grin

Question for the group: is there any interest/need for a score keeping application for any of the Carc spin-offs?

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »

Uploaded version 1.0.5:
http://www.mediafire.com/?51fxhxot1qk79cs

Each of the scoring windows now has a pair of radio buttons that look like this:

The first option is the default, and it will increment the number of completed features and recalculate who gets the King/Robber Baron.

When you have a feature that is being scored by multiple players, use the first option for the first player and switch to the second option for each additional player. The second option prevents incrementing the number of completed features and does not recalculate the King/Robber Baron. This will prevent the final winner of the King and Robber Baron from getting too many additional points.

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 06:12:43 AM »

Scott, I love this tool. I could see us setting up a lap top at the end of the table - or how about having it projected on your wall - or on the ceiling! -  for all to see easily. Lots of options here.

Something came to mind as I'm running through all the various scoring options in my mind. At game end the owners of the King and Robber Baron tiles receive points for each completed respective feature. There will be completed features that never got scored (as is the case with many roads and some cities). I believe your attempt at counting the city and road features through the course of the game is unnecessary. You will arrive at an incomplete number and won't know on the board what has been counted and what has not. You will have to physically count all the features at end game to arrive at a total. Sorry if that causes a hiccup for you - hopefully it simplifies something else for you though.

Also, as I'm looking at the interface I realized it would be handy to know what tile count would be needed to win the King or Robber Baron - just like you know what you need for barrels, ribbons, etc. Would it be possible to have a tile count indicator (perhaps overlaid on the king and robber tile, or somewhere adjacent to it) so that any player can know at a glance what tile count won that tile and what is required to steal it?

Great job so far!  Salute
(by the way, I could not see Green when I toggled through the color options for each player in the interface. Not sure if I was doing something wrong. Also, could not see any of the non-standard colors.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:14:41 AM by Carcking » Logged

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »

or how about having it projected on your wall...

Perfect!

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »

Hmm... it didn't occur to me about completed cities and roads that aren't scored. I think I will still have it count the number of completed features per player for those who are interested in such statistics, but I'll have to change the scoring legend to not sum them up at the end.

I like the idea of showing the tile count for the King and Robber Baron, and I think it should not be hard to do either.

Green is definitely in there; maybe it looks black on your screen? The non-standard colors are not in rotation, but you can type the names of the colors into the spreadsheet while the interface is not running and then when you start the interface the color will display.

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2011, 08:59:31 AM »

Green is definitely in there; maybe it looks black on your screen? The non-standard colors are not in rotation, but you can type the names of the colors into the spreadsheet while the interface is not running and then when you start the interface the color will display.

Scott - you were right, of course, Green shows up very dark - I confused it with Black. Funny because when I first discovered Green missing I wondered why there were two Blacks. And Orange worked perfectly following your instructions.
Thanks!

What is the list of non-standard colors that will work?

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2011, 01:42:28 PM »

The supported non-standard colors are Orange, Brown, Purple, Pink, White, and Gold.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2011, 02:42:38 PM »

Uploaded version 1.0.6
http://www.mediafire.com/?7swvjsp7p18hpmk

Removed the final scoring calculations for King and Robber Baron, and added the "size to beat" indicators. In the top-right corner of the image is displayed the size of the current largest city or longest road; you need to complete a city or road larger than the number shown to get the tile.

Enjoy! This would definitely work excellent with an LCD projector shining on the wall. Grin

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2012, 01:36:44 PM »

Version 1.0.7
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?7jmqyeda7yyku74

I got an e-mail from somebody who wanted simplified feature scoring when multiple players are involved, as well as some statistics based on previous sessions. I ran into a few limitations on the statistics, but I'm pretty happy with these improvements.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: