help
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 01:27:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help  (Read 9678 times)
amaring
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« on: August 08, 2007, 01:18:41 PM »

Hello. I'm from spain, and I have played carc since 2 months ago. I have a very specific questions:
1. In the count expansion, if you have completed 2 cities or roads or clusters... are you allowed to send followers to both cities...Huh?
2. In princess and dragon expansion, is it posible to place the princess title to remove a "enemy" follower that have the fairy?
3. can the dragon eat the meeples placed in the city of carcassonne, I mean, in the count expansion??
that's all for now. thanks !!
mjharper
Administrator
Baron

Merit: 25

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 03:13:58 PM »

Welcome to the forums! To answer your questions:

1) Yes - each city (or road or cloister) is scored separately, and when you score each one you can move followers from the city of Carcassonne.

2) I don't see why not - there's absolutely nothing in the rules to suggest otherwise, although you won't make friends.

3) No - I wrote to Hans-im-Glück about this, and the dragon can't go on any of the twelve tiles which make up Carcassonne city - read more here and here. It also follows that you can't put followers or the fairy on the filed /road/city segments of the tiles either - you can read more on this here and here.

Currently residing in the 'Where are they now?' file.
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 12:39:03 AM »

2 - Hell yes! That's the biggest advantage with that tile Cheesy

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
canada steve
Global Moderator
Marquis

Merit: 7

Forum Moderator

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 01:47:44 PM »

1 - No you cant move more than one meeple out of Carc to score a coty unless it is right at the end of the game.

Cheers

Canada Steve
amaring
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 01:55:43 PM »

Thanks so much for your help. the funny thing is that my frens will always hate my cause the new information but rules are rules!!!

surely questions and problems will raise as you play more and more, so it is so nice to have this useful forum!!!

best regards
alejandro
mjharper
Administrator
Baron

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »

1 - No you cant move more than one meeple out of Carc to score a coty unless it is right at the end of the game.
The answer to 1. is definitely 'Yes'. The rules (I'm reading the German ones) say, first of all, that each player can move 0 to all their followers out of the appropriate quarter of Carcassonne (Jeder Spieler darf 0 bis alle seiner Gefolgsleute vom entsprechenden Statviertel in das zu wertende Gebiet einsetzen). And secondly, moving followers from Carcassonne city occurs when a feature is scored - so if several features are scored by the placement of a tile, followers may be 'parachuted' for each feature separately.

What you can't do is move a follower from CC to a feature, find that the person next to you moves in more followers than you, and then insist that you can put more in. You get one chance per feature scored - but there may be several features, and how many followers you parachute in on each occasion is up to you.

canada steve
Global Moderator
Marquis

Merit: 7

Forum Moderator

Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 11:33:34 PM »

But dont the rules state that you cannot place or move more than one meeple per turn ? So how can you move say, three meeple out of Carc in one turn to score one or more features ?

Cheers

Canada Steve
mjharper
Administrator
Baron

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 12:14:01 AM »

But dont the rules state that you cannot place or move more than one meeple per turn ? So how can you move say, three meeple out of Carc in one turn to score one or more features ?
It's true that you can't deploy more than one meeple per turn, or perform more than one substitute activity, such as placing a tower block.You can carry out one of these actions, and that's it - unless you have a double turn.

But moving followers and from to CC doesn't work according to those rules. It's triggered by scoring instead, and isn't part of the movement phase. If it was, then you could only move a follower to CC if you complete a feature in which at least one other player scores but you don't, AND you didn't previously deploy a follower on your turn. And you could only move a follower out of CC during a scoring if, again, you hadn't previously deployed. No: the rules say nothing about that, because the two phases are completely separate.

You can still only move one follower to CC per turn, regardless of how many features are completed and scored - that is stated in the Count rules. But that rules is still independent of deployment. And the rules definitely state that you can move as many of your followers as you wish from CC during a scoring. Admittedly, the rules don't mention what happens if multiple features are scored; but since they explicitly state the maximum number of meeples that can be moved to CC per turn, but don't mention the maximum that can be moved from CC, it sands to reason that there is no maximum.

Scoring is independent of deployment, and every scoring is independent of each other.

That's my line anyway, and I'm stickin' to it Grin

Hypnotoad
Villein

Merit: 1

All glory to the Hypno toad!

Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 02:41:42 AM »

Looks to me like an excellent question to send off to H.I.G though Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: