Zombies!! Expansion
Carcassonne Central
April 20, 2024, 03:52:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Zombies!! Expansion  (Read 24956 times)
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« on: September 21, 2011, 11:51:51 AM »

So you buy a set of 8 or more Zombie Meeples (MeepleSource.com) and they are played like the Dragon.  Once a Zombie "play" tile is played, a new Zombie meeple is placed on it like the volcano. There would be like 20 of these tiles having extras for respawning. When a Zombie "move" tile is played (maybe with a Brain icon and like 16 of these), all the Zombies are moved once or twice going clockwise around the table until all are moved, marking them by placing them facedown.  If your Meeple is taken, it gets captured in a community tower.  To get your Meeple back, you must trap a Zombie meeple using a Zombie Pit tile instead of grabbing from the stockpile (like the Abbey).  You may place the Zombie Pit tile anywhere you like and simply move a Zombie in the Zombie Pit  during the "move" phase.  The Zombie Meeple stays there indefinitely.  There will also be Ammo tokens earned the same fashion as Traders & Builders. If you have an Ammo token, you use this automatically if a Zombie attacks and is then later respawned when another Zombie "play" tile is played. Ammo tokens are scored as points if you have them at end game.

any thoughts or suggestions to make this work?

Valk
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 07:30:12 AM »

Sounds super cool. It would be neat if the zombies moved of their own accord, since they are brainless monsters. Maybe the volcano tile could have an arrow on it to set the zombies off in an initial direction, and they would automatically move a few tiles towards the nearest follower when a zombie move tile was placed.
Talisinbear
Duke

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 10:06:17 AM »

on BGG quite a nice alternate tile set with zombies
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »

Sounds super cool. It would be neat if the zombies moved of their own accord, since they are brainless monsters. Maybe the volcano tile could have an arrow on it to set the zombies off in an initial direction, and they would automatically move a few tiles towards the nearest follower when a zombie move tile was placed.

Oo I like the arrow idea for brainless zombie movement.. So maybe then have them move in that direction every turn? I could see people sabotaging the zombie and place the arrow in a non-movable direction, but guess word prevent future tiles placed next to it so some strategy there.. How about the move tiles have the direction on them to move all zombies on the board (i.e. Left 4)) instead? That could help with randomness aspect.

Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 10:33:05 AM »

on BGG quite a nice alternate tile set with zombies

I believe you are referring to CarcaZone? It's a very nice spin-off, but not an expansion.. Want to be able to play the Zombies!! Expansion with all other expansions. I was invisioning using the same tile graphics from the original game with low fog and possibly adding moss/english ivy on the building tiles. Maybe add gravestones along the roads and around buildings. Maybe also darken the grass, but not by much so they still blend in.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:54:43 AM by Carcatronn » Logged

Valk
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 10:30:09 AM »

Great idea about moving every turn. They could move one space every turn in the direction of the most recently laid arrow/move tile. They might keep walking until they go off the board?

Hey, how about when a follower is returned after being taken by a zombie, a new zombie spawns on an adjacent square? Zombies make zombies.
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »

Great idea about moving every turn. They could move one space every turn in the direction of the most recently laid arrow/move tile. They might keep walking until they go off the board?
that's a fantastic idea! If they fell off the board, this would help with renewing the zombie supply and respawning.

Hey, how about when a follower is returned after being taken by a zombie, a new zombie spawns on an adjacent square? Zombies make zombies.

I thought of that, but still trying to figure out a way to turn your Meeple into Zombies without exhausting the zombie supply. Possibly use the Green Meeple set for "turned" Meeple Zombies. This way you have to trap one of these to get your Meeple back?

TLP
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 10:20:51 AM »

Zombie Tiles in the random draw bag? The tile shows a Zombie in a location (Road/City/Field ect) your closest marker in that location gets turned into a zombie.. spawining the undead...
Sekim
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 10:43:48 AM »

You could also create a spinner to determine the direction of the zombie movement.
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 05:05:05 PM »

Zombie Tiles in the random draw bag? The tile shows a Zombie in a location (Road/City/Field ect) your closest marker in that location gets turned into a zombie.. spawining the undead...

So the closest Meeple of the drawn location near every zombie gets turned? We could use the green discs from H&G to signify the Meeple turned zombie. I have been designing tiles for this expansion in my free time (which is almost never) and I am liking how it all is turning out.

You could also create a spinner to determine the direction of the zombie movement.

I like this idea a lot! Maybe rob the game of life for a good quality spinner and replace the artwork with Zombie stuff.

Cianopanza
Vagabond

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 02:48:59 AM »

OT:
do you know Carcass-Zone??
quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 05:01:36 AM »

roll d6:

1-does not move
2-nord
3-est
4-sud
5-ovest
6-roll dice
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:15:00 AM by quevy » Logged
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 09:43:57 PM »

Some of the purists frown upon adding dice to the game. Grin

quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 01:33:29 AM »

In that case you can use a card like this, the previous player passes the cards down, the player whose turn of the wheel as long as he wants and then down, the arrow indicates the direction of the zombies.

I enjoyed doing this

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 04:44:13 AM by quevy » Logged
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 12:38:37 PM »

OT:
do you know Carcass-Zone??

Are you guys all aware that Carcassonne Zombie's has already been masterfully done?? It's by Tim Collins on BGG.

Check out the link that Cianopanza has embedded.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: