1 player game....
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 03:04:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 player game....  (Read 5369 times)
Peterorange
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« on: September 26, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »

Hi!

Just surfed through the topics in this section and I can only find one other one player game mentioned.

I play where you cannot lay two pieces in a row of the same feature. So if you play a city piece, you have to play a field, road or monastery next. The sub-rules are:
- if it is eg a piece with city and road on, and you have just played a city piece, you can still place it next to another city piece if the road also touches a road. But if it completes a city and you have no meeples on it already, you cant score it! In the same way you can play a consecutive city piece and put a farmer on it, but again you cant score a completed city if you have no meeple on.
- if you end up having to discard a piece (usually the city-only piece!) the you have a free choice next.

tips...keep cities and roads close, keep cities populated!

My record is 246 with the basic set.

Hope this isnt old news  Embarrassed

Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:32:31 PM »

this sounds like it could be fun! I've enjoyed the iPad solitaire version in the CarcassonneApp... Never thought to try with the board game.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 01:53:31 PM »

I may have to resort to trying this, since I can't seem to get anybody to play with me.

Peterorange
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 07:37:20 AM »

I may have to resort to trying this, since I can't seem to get anybody to play with me.

Well if you are anywhere near Oxford then you are welcome to meet up with us for a game!

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 07:43:48 AM »

I appreciate the offer, but I live on the west coast of Canada which is a bit too far away.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: