Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction on BGG
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 06:05:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction on BGG  (Read 14338 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:18:10 PM »

If you're not familiar with The Dice Tower, you should check it out.  Tom Vasel runs the site and does a good job reviewing games.  He and his wife lost their son (their 7th child and only boy) to illness only two months after birth.  A memorial fund was started in baby Jack's honor to help people in the gaming community who are experiencing similar hardships.  The auction runs Nov. 1-15.  If you'd like to participate by making a purchase or by contributing something to the aution, you can view the thread HERE

Flee the fleas!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 12:46:20 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but the auction is now underway.  If you haven't yet seen it, have a gander.  I'm considering putting up several sets of tokens to play The Missionary.  Not sure how to work out the particulars yet, but it's an idea.  Check out the link HERE.

Flee the fleas!
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 01:23:48 PM »

Cool. Thanks for posting this.
-Matt

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 07:52:34 PM »

Added a set of 40 Carcassonne Translucent Meeple in 5 colors and 5 colored Meeple cases to the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction on BGG... No. 129 if anyone is interested!  Grin

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »

Added a set of 40 Carcassonne Translucent Meeple in 5 colors and 5 colored Meeple cases to the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction on BGG... No. 129 if anyone is interested!  Grin

Cool, thanks!

Flee the fleas!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 09:17:36 PM »

I can't believe this, BGG totally just deleted my account for no reason! Not only were my posts from the forum removed, but my auction listing for the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund is gone too! I have no idea what to do since there were bids but there is now no trail...  Huh?

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 11:19:55 PM »

Not sure what to tell you.  I know that I have seen some comments here and there about people whose lone post is on auctions boards and so on, but I don't know what the problem would be.  If I were you, I'd PM Cate who is the one running the auction.  You can find her profile linked to the post at the beginning of the thread.  

I'd thoroughly double check though as well.  Sometimes with those auctions, they move the items around and change up the order so people get a chance to have their items closer to the top of the list.  More exposure for everyone I guess.  Not at all an uncommon practice.  You might still find it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:21:27 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 09:17:29 PM »

I can't believe this, BGG totally just deleted my account for no reason! Not only were my posts from the forum removed, but my auction listing for the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund is gone too! I have no idea what to do since there were bids but there is now no trail...  Huh?

I PM'd Cate to ask her about it but have gotten no reply.  Did you find out anything more?  I put up 10 sets of my Missionary expansion.  It's item #201, top of page 9 if it doesn't get removed too. 

Flee the fleas!
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 07:42:29 AM »

CK - how do you place a bid?

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 12:57:30 PM »

I PM'd Cate to ask her about it but have gotten no reply.  Did you find out anything more?  I put up 10 sets of my Missionary expansion.  It's item #201, top of page 9 if it doesn't get removed too. 

That's awesome! I'm sure those will sell pretty nicely. I contacted the Geekdo support and found the pulled the account for unrelated reasons not tied to the auction. I am currently trying to get a history report to see who bid on the item and to reinstate it before the auction ends, very lame to say the least.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 07:46:34 PM »

CK - how do you place a bid?

You need to have a BGG account (if you don't already have one) which is easy enough to set up, then just go to the geeklist auction.  It's all pretty self-explanatory once you get a look at it.  There is a lot to wade through.  They are fast approaching 300 items and have already raised over $15,000 US.  HERE is the link for the auction.

Flee the fleas!
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 05:29:04 AM »

CK - sorry to be thick - I'm not finding it to be self explanatory - maybe I'm missing something. I am logged in and this is what I see.

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/40e08805835043d5d5b9ea6d2ffdd9982a7bcbcf195365c6d6d334afdc0ab30c6g.jpg

Bixby
Count

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 05:45:49 AM »

CK - sorry to be thick - I'm not finding it to be self explanatory - maybe I'm missing something. I am logged in and this is what I see.

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/40e08805835043d5d5b9ea6d2ffdd9982a7bcbcf195365c6d6d334afdc0ab30c6g.jpg

Not thick at all. The BGG interface can be a bit daunting until you get used to it. Click on the word "comment" in the lower right to leave a bid. (The issue here is that geeklists have become very popular for all sorts of things including auctions. Hence there is no specific auction, or bid buttons as these were never originally designed to be used for auctions. They have evolved in to auction use over time. POst a comment and in your comment leave your bid.

Hope that helps.
Matt

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 05:54:36 AM »

Ok, duh - I was looking for a "bid" link or something. "Comment" worked like a charm. You can tell I'm a BGG noooob.  Undecided

Bixby
Count

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 06:27:12 AM »

I needed the reminder to bid anyways. Thanks. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: