Several new expansion on its way
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 06:53:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Several new expansion on its way  (Read 86572 times)
Sekim
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« on: January 22, 2012, 08:44:02 AM »

Found this at BoardGameGeek:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/118617/carcassonne-goldmine

Could this one be Scott and Noveltys Goldmines ?
Sekim
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 08:47:58 AM »

Found this one also on BoardGameGeek:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/118618/carcassonne-magier-und-hexe

Could this be JPutts Wizards and witches ?
Sekim
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »

Carcassone - Die Räuber (The robbers)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/118616/carcassonne-die-rauber

Carcassone - Die depeschen des Königs (The cables of the king???) Maybe 'By the orders of the king' though I'm not sure
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/118619/carcassonne-die-depeschen-des-konigs

Carcassone - Die Fähren (The ferries)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/118614/carcassonne-die-fahren

Carcassone - Die Fluggeräte (The aircrafts)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/118615/carcassonne-die-fluggerate

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 08:59:22 AM by Sekim » Logged
neosatan
Nobleman

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 09:16:56 AM »

Ok, some new exps for Carcassonne, bo some more info would be great.

Well, title of two of them (The ferries and The aircrafts) will bring something really new to the game.
Sekim
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 09:51:15 AM »

The 6 new expansions are actually all mini-expansions according to the available information. And that's about all there is about these expansions for the moment.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »

I sincerely hope they are not ripping us off now after turning our ideas down for so long.  That would be terrible.  I guess we shall see.

Flee the fleas!
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »

Yes, there is something very strange with this expansion set. Ferries doesn't make any sense since Rivers aren't a full-blown expansion with full integration. Aircrafts certainly don't make sense since this game takes place in the Middle Ages. The Robbers seem off because Carcassonne already has a robber baron. And the "telegraphs of the king" just seems strange, unless it is an implementation of By Order of the King. I am very concerned with the direction Carcassonne is going if these expansions are an image of the future. Stick to logic and the Middle Ages, Hans im Glück.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
neosatan
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 10:21:07 AM »

I fear that those exps will be a rip off exp from cc. By the order of king is a nice idea to implement into carcassonne, but not in way that would hurt jputtys idea.
Still, I am waiting for compilation with crop circles and tunels. Someone know when it will be released?
I tried to find some more info but there is nothing else than names. No short story behind that. If someone will know something, just report it here also.
Sekim
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 11:44:48 AM »

The idea of aircrafts actually isn't that far off. Even Da Vinci invented some of them on paper.
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 12:30:20 PM »

Yes, this feels weird. Unsettling.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Sekim
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 08:45:54 AM »

Wasn't it the intention to get some of the CC-expansions released by HiG or RGG and they were somehow put on hold a while back ?
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 09:24:16 AM »

I expect so.

neosatan
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 09:32:31 AM »

@Scott. You know something more?
Acentes
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »

well that would then blur the lines of royalties owed to also bluring the line of who owns what.
On one hand you have us the Community who have released ALOT of expansions for a game we know and love to help broaden it and we have released them for free more or less

Wouldn't you feel rather peeved that suddenly your work is yes going to be "official" now but that any new fans are going to have to pay to get ahold of your work that you previously offered for free? This of course applies that it is the SAME EXACT expansion if its not and HiG is just taking our ideas splashing some new paint on them and calling them "original HiG ideas" which if they do that I still WOULD NOT BUY THEM because it would feel like a TOTAL sell out.

But the question is also the money, will the original authors get a share of the profit or are they just going to be given a lump sum to buy the rights or are they gonna just extort a legal loop hole and seize the idea? I mean if I am gonna pay for something someone made I really prefer to pay the ACTUAL creator of the work I mean A group I listen to called Assemblage 23 has a album called Addendum that when I last saw it was going for 60 bucks USED on amazon. so is Tom Shear getting a Profit from this person pretty much reselling his work?(in this case I contacted him directly and he made me a burned and SIGNED copy of the cd for 20 bucks)

But in a word Yes I don't feel right about this announcement at all.
Sekim
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 09:50:16 AM »

And an announcement is actually all it is right now. There is no other information. Just the fact that HiG will release some new mini-expansions. So why don't we just wait till more info filters out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: