Agents of SMERSH
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 03:18:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Agents of SMERSH  (Read 4180 times)
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« on: January 29, 2012, 07:40:09 AM »

This game seems to be very popular on Kickstarter. It looks well-designed, though the video was pretty terrible quality. They have a Kickstarter bonus and a stretch reward at $30k. There are 50 days remaining and the project is almost 100% funded.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1545517208/agents-of-smersh-a-spy-storytelling-board-game?ref=category

What's the catch? It's a story-telling game. Undecided It was originally designed to be played with an enormous Encounter Book with lots of reading. They've simplified it down to an Encounter Deck of cards, which is still a lot of reading. (The Encounter Book is available for those who want it for an additional $20.)

I'm not personally getting involved in this one, but maybe some of you guys enjoy this type of game.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »

It looks like it might be interesting.  It got a pretty legit endorsement.

Flee the fleas!
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 12:24:32 AM »

Looks good, but I'm out - I just can't justify pledging the amount of cash I would need to secure a copy.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 08:23:51 AM »

They are really playing to people's vanity with those high level rewards... smart.

Flee the fleas!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: