Mega-Carcassonne game 16.02.2012
Carcassonne Central
April 18, 2024, 02:14:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega-Carcassonne game 16.02.2012  (Read 18662 times)
MrNumbers
Freeman

Merit: 2

Awards
« on: February 17, 2012, 03:24:13 AM »

We are fans of Mega-Carcassonne game.
Yesterday played with 4 players.
Including:
Basic set
River
Inns & Cathedrals
Traders & Builders
The Princess and the Dragon
Abbey & Mayor
Bridges, Castles and Bazaars

Picture below shows table after last tile's placement.

Points after final scoring:
Red (mine  Wink): 365
Yellow: 322
Green: 234
Black: 224.

Biggest amount of points gave city with a cathedral, where nearby 2 castles were built. After scoring that city Red and Yellow received 108 points each!
Sekim
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:01:52 AM »

So many unused meeples ... why  Huh?
MrNumbers
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 05:09:28 AM »

So many unused meeples ... why  Huh?

Green and black don't have much experience yet. As for me, I prefer "connecting to barn with a pig" tactics, so meeples quickly come back in my supply. I try to use them as much as possible, but definitely not for placing on every little road.
Khonnor83
Freeman

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 07:14:53 AM »

That's awesome... Grin

I wish I had more people to play with, closeby. Undecided
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 07:44:03 AM »

Awesome. Love Mega-Carc. We normally play with two but will be playing a Mega game this Monday with 4. Looking forward to it.

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »

It's been far too long since I've played a game like this.  I need to do so again soon.  Green must be a newbie to have that huge farm and be that far behind.  Merit point for the photo.  Thanks for sharing.

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »

Tell black he's not allowed to play tiles over the edge of the table. I guess you let it slide because he was in last place. Grin

MrNumbers
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 10:54:18 AM »

Tell black he's not allowed to play tiles over the edge of the table. I guess you let it slide because he was in last place. Grin

Yes, you're right Grin And the second reason is that it was the very last tile on the game.
We always play on a piece of cloth and when we reach the edge of the table, we simply move this cloth and free some space Smiley
MrNumbers
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »

It's been far too long since I've played a game like this.  I need to do so again soon.  Green must be a newbie to have that huge farm and be that far behind.  Merit point for the photo.  Thanks for sharing.

Yes, green (and black) can be counted as newbie. Me and my wife found them as playing partners about 3 months ago and they didn't know any expansions except the Basic game, so we must teach them all the rules of all expansions, one by one. Next is - The Tower. Soon my ordered King, Count and The Cult will come Smiley Can't wait to be able to order Carcassonne Minis Cheesy

P.S. Thanks for the merit Wink
Amorpheus
Authors
Freeman

:P discogs.com/Cathars-Amorpheus/release/239544

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 01:34:22 PM »

Yes, you're right Grin And the second reason is that it was the very last tile on the game.
We always play on a piece of cloth and when we reach the edge of the table, we simply move this cloth and free some space Smiley

Be sure to tell Black to farm that last tile next time.  He left 2 points off the board by claiming the one piece city.  Gotta give the newbies hints to make them better, which in time will make for more thrilling games instead of 100 point blowouts.   Cheesy
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »

Yes, this is awesome. I love Mega-Carc but don't get to play it enough.

I wonder how long the game lasted?

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
MrNumbers
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 03:10:02 PM »

Be sure to tell Black to farm that last tile next time.  He left 2 points off the board by claiming the one piece city.  Gotta give the newbies hints to make them better, which in time will make for more thrilling games instead of 100 point blowouts.   Cheesy

In this case it was exactly my hint: instead of placing a follower on a farm and earning 3 points I suggested him to take and finish a road with a wagon and drive into a city, so - 4 points Smiley

Yes, this is awesome. I love Mega-Carc but don't get to play it enough.
I wonder how long the game lasted?

It lasted about 3 hours +/- 30min.

Tomorrow evening we will play another Mega-Carc with 2 other friends, and they are not newbies! Smiley But with them we play in teams 2x2, men vs. women Wink For now we (men) are in the lead! Cool (winning streak for last 3 games).
Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 6

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 03:13:53 PM »

Good game sir! How did you go on the market place tiles, never played them with more then two persons... Should be good fun with a group of 4 i guess..  Cheesy
Amorpheus
Authors
Freeman

:P discogs.com/Cathars-Amorpheus/release/239544

Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »

In this case it was exactly my hint: instead of placing a follower on a farm and earning 3 points I suggested him to take and finish a road with a wagon and drive into a city, so - 4 points Smiley

Aw, well done.  I didn't notice that was a wagon.  I didn't realize a wagon could be used like that...to place, score and move all in one turn.  I need to play more and type less... Embarrassed
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 08:53:55 PM »

Actually... in the lower right hand corner, the furthermost right tile on the board is a RRRR tile with a bridge and a green farmer next to a Dragon tile with a red cart on a closter.  The black player could have put their CCCR tile on the "north" side of the RRRR tile and placed his follower as a farmer getting seven total points (four for the castle and three for the completed city).

Or... he could have played his abbey tile in any one of four completely surrounded holes and played his last guy as a monk and gotten nine points.  However ,that would have given the red player the last tile to do the same thing and give them even more points at the end. 

Ultimately it wouldn't have changed the outcome, but it's interesting to find the options.  Can anyone find a better one?

Flee the fleas!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: