Mega-Carc weekend
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 09:31:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega-Carc weekend  (Read 3116 times)
MrNumbers
Freeman

Merit: 2

Awards
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:47:29 AM »

This weekend we had played 2 Mega-Carc games, one with my wife and one with two our friends. I'll start with the second game.
Playing set:
Basic set
The River
Inns & Cathedrals
Traders & Builders
The Princess and the Dragon
Abbey & Mayor
Bridges, Castles and Bazaars
The Tower

With these two friends we play in teams, men vs. women, so at the end of the game we summarize men scores and women scores to define the winning team. The only house rule we use is regarding bazaar tiles: as we play in teams, bazaar auctions in this case had a so called "bug" that allows first two players take any tile without negotiation (for example, 1st man takes a tile and bids 1000 points, 1st woman can't bid so many, 2nd man can bid 1001 point, so men decide, who will take that tile: it doesn't matter if one of them will go 1000 points back - another will go 1000 points forward; the same applies to 1st woman, and only last two players make a real auction). So we use house rule that the player who takes the tile can negotiate only with next available player.

Image after last tile's placement:

Women: 244 (yellow) + 212 (green) = 456

For us it was unbelievable that women won this game! Shocked We had 2 powerful barns, big city with cathedral also was ours, but this time we were out of luck Sad
Green was trying to connect her barn to black, but we didn't allow this move.
In this game there were many so called "barn connects", t.i. farmer connects to barn with a pig. Maybe exactly this allowed women to win.

And the first game I played with my wife and this time she has beaten me Smiley

Final scores:
Red: 399.
Yellow: 416.

At the very start of the game yellow completed the city with a cathedral and a nearby castle, scoring 84 points! Near the end of the game I became the leader, but yellow barn was better than mine, so I lost for only 17 points.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: