Easter-Festival Expansion
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 07:03:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easter-Festival Expansion  (Read 17091 times)
Fritz_Spinne
Freeman

Merit: 1

Awards
« on: February 26, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »

Though I wrote it last year in a topic called "New FUN Expansions" I would like to introduce a light und fun expansion - this is not a serious expansion fitting in the Carcassonne-world.

Easter-Festival Expansion

22 new tiles, 10 with Easter-nest-icon (I took them from "the festival" and made a nest with easter-eggs on the "10") and 12 with an

Easter-Bunny icon (the dragon tiles from the Princess & the Dragon with an Easter-Bunny on it).
1 Easter-Bunny-meeple
Tons of Easter-eggs, made from chocolate.

If a tile with an Easter-nest is placed, the Easter-Bunny will sit on it, no follower is allowed on the easter-nest. After laying a tile with Easter-Bunny-icon the Easter-Bunny gives his eggs away: Every player (first the player, who placed the tile) moves the Bunny twice to an adjacent tile (like the dragon, but twice). Every Meeple he meets on a tile gets an Easter-egg (they are  collected by the player). The Bunny moves 6 times twice, like the dragon he may not move twice the same tile. (If there had not been laid an Easter-nest, the Bunny starts on the Easter-Bunny tile.)

Completing the Easter-nest: The Easter-nest is completed by surrounding it with tiles like a cloister. The player, who placed the last tile surrounding it gets two Easter-eggs Bonus.

Final scoring: The player, who has most of the Easter-eggs gets 15 points, so beware of eating them.

Is there any interest for the tiles? Anybody who writes the rules down on the template?

Is there anybody who needs the French version with flying bells instead of the easter bunny?
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:39:15 AM »

This sounds like fun, especially;

Final scoring: The player, who has most of the Easter-eggs gets 15 points, so beware of eating them.

Flee the fleas!
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 11:53:05 AM »

Anyone know where to get bunny meeples?

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »

Dixit uses them...

as does Dixit Odyssey (they are slightly different).

You can also get some HERE.  Novelty used the black one for his Big Bad Wolf in the Fairy Tale expansion.  There are two different kinds.

Flee the fleas!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 01:20:43 PM »

Dixit uses them...

as does Dixit Odyssey (they are slightly different).

You can also get some HERE.  Novelty used the black one for his Big Bad Wolf in the Fairy Tale expansion.  There are two different kinds.

Looks like they have a ton of different types of Meeple too! I think you just burned a whole in my wallet CK
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:26:24 PM by Carcatronn » Logged

Fritz_Spinne
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »

I've just loaded the tiles up to the download section with the title Easter-Festival.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 05:25:03 PM »

Added to downloads page on web site.

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »

Is there any interest for the tiles? Anybody who writes the rules down on the template?

I am volunteering to write this up in the rules template. Will it be ok if I add to it some ideas to present to the group?

Can you send me the bunny and nest icon files that you have?

With luck we can get it done well before Easter.  Hello

Carcking
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:43:15 AM by Carcking » Logged

Fritz_Spinne
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »

@ Carcking: I sent you a mail.

If there are more or better ideas for this Easter-Expansion I would like to hear them.
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 07:03:28 AM »

A couple of thoughts I had:

1. Since this is intended to be lighthearted I thought maybe we'll use the d6 with pips 1, 2 & 3 (as in The Flier) to determine how many hops the bunny takes per player when a bunny tile is placed. So the current player places the bunny tile then rolls the die to see how many hops the bunny takes on each move. If it's a 3 the current player hops him three spaces, the next player hops him three spaces, and the next and so on.

2. Allow the bunny to hop on tiles that he has already hopped on that turn. In this way you don't worry about where he has hopped already and there would be no dead-ends. The only limitation is he cannot hop twice in one turn onto a tile with followers on it. Otherwise he could hop on the tile repeatedly in one turn and leave eggs each time - that would be too many eggs. (This needs some more thought perhaps.)

3. When the bunny hops on a tile with one or more followers on it he leaves one egg. The players do not automatically get to collect it though. It goes to the first player to score a feature that includes that tile. If the bunny hops on the tile again on another turn and there are followers he leaves another egg. So the value of scoring a feature that includes that tile escalates as the eggs may accumulate. This will become increasingly apparent with farms as in end game scoring the owner of the farm collects the eggs that are on tiles with his farmer. At the end of the game, prior to farm scoring, eggs are removed out of play from any tile that does not have a farmer on it.

(This mechanic is coincidental with one I had in mind which was inspired by the animal symbols on farms in the New World game. I envisioned the Pope maybe traveling the land and bestowing blessings on the gentle folk. That is, he would leave a chit on a tile with a follower that would be worth points as the features are scored, or perhaps at the end of the game. They would be kind of like a universal pennant from a city in that they would add points to whatever feature was scored that included that tile. The Easter egg idea is perfect for it.)

Also, do you use the name Peter Cotton Tail? Or is that not recognized globally, I wonder.

What do you think of these ideas? They may need some refinement in the details.

Fritz_Spinne
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 09:19:36 AM »

Peter Cotton Tail is unknown here in Germany - I can't remember any TV-broadcasting with easter bunny, only Bugs Bunny is known. Does anyone know about England? Probably it's known only in North-America, also the home of Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer.

1. Determine the hops by die (1-3) is ok.

2. I think the bunny should not hop on the same tile by the same player - possibly he could hop on the same tile by another player.

3. Collecting the eggs by scoring for a feature on the tile is perfect. But the Bunny should leave an egg on every tile he hops on - maybe someone finds it later. I think the players will take care of not accumulating too much. Or the Bunny may only hop on tiles without eggs on it or leave eggs on tiles without eggs.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »

Peter Cottontail is from the writings of Thornton Burgess, an American author. We're familiar with these works in Canada, but I'm not sure about England. If there is nobody on here who knows, I have a British Expat friend I could ask.

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »

I've got the rules finished - first draft anyway - and loaded up on the download section of the forum! Let me know what you all think!  Smiley

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 06:59:08 PM »

Revision 0_2 has been updated to the download section.

I changed the quantity of eggs in the general supply to 40 instead of 30. This allows you to get deeper into the game before the supply is depleted. Also, I modified the rules for covering the supply shortage from the player to the left having to supply all eggs for a nest to only having to supply one of the eggs for a nest - then the obligation passes to the left around the board.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: