Brick Masons
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 07:57:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Brick Masons  (Read 24697 times)
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« on: February 27, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »

Had an idea of a city under construction, which placing this tile would block anyone else from coming in or out of the city until it is completed by the followers already inside. Any thoughts?

palkan
Villein

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 11:41:27 PM »

I like the idea, but I think that the mechanics can be more 'innovative'.

Some ideas:
  • A player can place a Builder on CUC (City-Under-Construction) tile as normal follower
  • When a CUC is complete all Farmers (from the fields connected to this city) score 3 points (4 w/pig) immediately ('cause a new city needs more proviant at the begining)
  • At least one tile of a CUC must be normal city tile to complete it, i.e. if all city tiles are CUC tiles, it is incomplete, points aren't doubled, Farmers score nothing, but a player can take his follower back.
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 06:56:29 AM »

I like these modifiers palkan!

• A player can place a Builder on CUC (City-Under-Construction) tile as normal follower
So the Builder is still allowed to enter a CUC after the tile is placed or the Builder is it's own follower? I kind of like the idea of both  Cheesy

• At least one tile of a CUC must be normal city tile to complete it, i.e. if all city tiles are CUC tiles, it is incomplete, points aren't doubled, Farmers score nothing, but a player can take his follower back.
So if all tiles are CUC tiles, the player scores incomplete points or zero points? Incomplete points (1 pt. ea.) sounds good.

I was worried about how to handle situations where someone is attempting to merge into a city and the main city adds a CUC tile. This could potentially decrease the chances of completing the CUC if no city divider tiles are available. Maybe include a few more of city dividers with the expansion?

palkan
Villein

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:42:43 AM »

I like these modifiers palkan!

So if all tiles are CUC tiles, the player scores incomplete points or zero points? Incomplete points (1 pt. ea.) sounds good.

Yeah, incomplete points.

I was worried about how to handle situations where someone is attempting to merge into a city and the main city adds a CUC tile. This could potentially decrease the chances of completing the CUC if no city divider tiles are available. Maybe include a few more of city dividers with the expansion?

Maybe, to add some dividers with one CUC segment and one normal city segment is a good idea.

I've got some ideas about graphics, so I can try to realize them)
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 09:33:54 AM »

Fantastic! I was envisioning the building crumbles from the Cathars and adding wooden planks up the walls with builders. But I am curious to see your designs too

quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »

Fantastic! I was envisioning the building crumbles from the Cathars and adding wooden planks up the walls with builders. But I am curious to see your designs too

I thought the same thing while working.
palkan
Villein

Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 12:00:27 PM »

the first sketch
quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »

really beautiful, congratulations
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 03:43:53 PM »

Great job on the art palkan! This is exactly how I pictured it, the towers are a nice touch  Cheesy especially like how this road is all curvy. Can't wait to see this spring to life!

palkan
Villein

Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 08:26:34 AM »

Another one

How many tiles do we need?
quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 08:29:34 AM »

magnificent Wink
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »

Great job on these tiles, merit for you.  I like where this is heading.

Flee the fleas!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 02:38:59 PM »

Another one

How many tiles do we need?

Perfect palkan! I was invisioning 6 or so. Should be enough to do some damage  Wink

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »

Six might be too many, especially if you are playing with Siege/Cathers as well.  It might be better to stick to four.  Although, it could be just as easy to leave some out.

Flee the fleas!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 06:44:58 PM »

Six might be too many, especially if you are playing with Siege/Cathers as well.  It might be better to stick to four.  Although, it could be just as easy to leave some out.

good point. Maybe we can test how 4 tiles work in a test game.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: