To Kill the King
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 10:08:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To Kill the King  (Read 4137 times)
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »

I came up with an add-on/variant with the King expansion on my morning drive. Whomever is in possession of the King tile, the player starts collecting taxes from each completed city moving forward (was thinking maybe 1/3 pts. Rounded down from the player who completed the city). To stop this taxation, any player can pay who is in possession of the Robber Baron 1 or 2 pts. to "Kill the King" so to speak, which the King tile is placed back aside the table with the largest city counter "reset" to zero again. If the same player is in possession of both the Robber Baron and the King tiles, the player decides which one to keep. You can keep the same rules for end game scoring the same. Obviously would need at least 3 players to make this variant work. Any thoughts?

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »

I like the idea, but I'm concerned about the calculation of the taxes. Maybe it would be ok in actual play. I'm curious to see if people think 1 or 2 points is reward enough to kill the king.

Should there also be some complementary method for the player holding the King to attack the Robber Baron?

Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 08:22:52 AM »

I like the idea, but I'm concerned about the calculation of the taxes. Maybe it would be ok in actual play. I'm curious to see if people think 1 or 2 points is reward enough to kill the king.

Should there also be some complementary method for the player holding the King to attack the Robber Baron?

thanks for the input Scott! Yeah I think we have to play with the amounts to see what works. Was thinking if the King's tax was just high enough without being overboard, people would prefer paying the Robber Baron a lesser amount to kill the king... And with the counter resetting on the King tile, there would be a high turn over rate.

With the only way to obtain the Robber Baron is by normal ruling, eventually people will stop paying him to kill. But maybe we could have it where the King can offer a reward to kill him as in the player names there price for points? Or if the "King" player takes majority of a feature from the "Robber Baron" player then this kills him?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: