A+ Certification
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 07:30:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A+ Certification  (Read 3440 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:28:05 AM »

I've been hunting for gainful employment for far too long.  It looks like I might have an opportunity for a pretty good job if I can get my A+ Cert.  I assume with all you computer guys on here, someone has this, is it hard to get?  Do you think it's feasible to get by simply studying the book?

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:39:11 AM »

I never pursued the A+ certification, but I've crossed paths with a lot of people that have it. It seems to be more common than the Microsoft certifications.

With just about any certification, there are people out there who got them just by studying the book. I did an Oracle exam eight years ago from just studying the book and failed by 2 points. I personally learn better from an instructor-led course. I'm pursuing a CPIM designation right now and have done well on all the prep exams; haven't mustered up the courage yet to schedule a certification exam, but I think I will start working on those in April or May.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: