Carcassonne - Origins
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 11:27:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Carcassonne - Origins  (Read 7773 times)
Amorpheus
Authors
Freeman

Merit: 1

:P discogs.com/Cathars-Amorpheus/release/239544

Awards
« on: April 05, 2012, 06:50:00 AM »

For my first endeavor into fanspansions, I have created Carcassonne: Origins.

While playing a game of Hunters & Gatherers a couple months back, I was intrigued by a line from the intro paragraph stating: "...Today, there remain fantastic cave paintings and archaeological finds that provide evidence of their existence and give us an understanding of their lives."  I created this expansion to incorporate those "finds" into a normal game of Carcassonne, one where having the Hunters & Gatherers spin-off is not necessary to enjoy this.

I wanted to add some Scout functionality into a normal Carcassonne game, since there are several people who know the functionality of those tiles from King & Scout.  Although this does not use the actual tiles from Scout, it incorporates several of the special functions found on those tiles, including the Scout ability (rejecting the first tile drawn) and the Agriculture Hut (points for number of tiles in field).  I also added the Shrine functionality from the H&G bonus tiles (scores as the only farmer in this case) and added skeletal remains of Woolly Mammoths and Sabre-Tooth Tigers.  The rock clusters used for the cave painting tiles were all taken from clusters in the H&G game and expansion, with the cave paintings themselves being replicas of actual archaeological finds in France.

The way this expansion plays out is a process of excavating artifacts and rocks containing cave paintings.  To benefit from the special features of the artifact tiles, you first have to complete the excavation.  Only you know which artifact tile you are attempting to excavate, which I think adds to the intrigue of the game.

I have play-tested this several times already and have made adjustments I saw as being necessary.  Any comments to further improve this fanspansion are welcome.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:44:21 AM by Amorpheus » Logged
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:06:15 AM »

Sounds interesting - can't wait to see the rules!

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Amorpheus
Authors
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »

Here is a mediafire link to the zip file...

This can now be found on the Carc Central Downloads page - http://carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=170
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:44:57 PM by Amorpheus » Logged
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 07:40:46 PM »

Fantastic job Amorpheus! Can't wait to test it out with my gaming circle :-)

Amorpheus
Authors
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 07:47:40 AM »

Fantastic job Amorpheus! Can't wait to test it out with my gaming circle :-)
Thanks Carcatronn!  Let me know how your experience goes.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »

http://carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=170

Something strange is going on with the web site admin tools, so I can't add it to the web site right now.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:32:11 AM by Scott » Logged

Amorpheus
Authors
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 07:43:15 PM »

My fanspansion seems to show up on the Downloads page without a problem, so I have removed the mediafire link.

I also updated the zip file to include a tuckbox I made for Origins (since that is how I store my tiles).

http://carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=170
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: