Pirate Coast
Carcassonne Central
April 18, 2024, 08:32:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirate Coast  (Read 5479 times)
Hawkinsssable
Cottager

Merit: 3

Awards
« on: June 03, 2012, 08:49:56 AM »

Rules can be downloaded from here.
Tiles can be downloaded from here.

The .zip can be downloaded from here.

Version 1.3 - Tweaked, improved and expanded with over 19 new tiles

Hi all,

This is my first fan-spansion I'm happy enough with to post in the completed section. The original idea was to make Carcassonne more enjoyable to play on smaller tables by defining one border of the field - the coast - and allowing the game to spread towards the centre of the table (as in Carcassonne: The Discovery.) The expansion comes with new rules and gameplay mechanics, but the coast and river tiles can also be used just to define one edge of the playing are and extend the existing river with some new tiles.

The expansion features 15 Coast Tiles, 13 River Tiles (almost none of which can be found in existing Rivers expansions), 4 pirate logo tiles (or separate printable pirate logos to add to existing base game tiles), and a little 2-tile pirate island to help keep track of your pirate meeples. It also features an additional optional 19-tile expansion of all-new tiles which mix in functionality from other CarcassonneCentral expansions such as Mountains, Forests and Wells.

One main aim I had in mind designing this expansion was to make it easy to construct even without access to blank or spare tiles. It doesn't matter what you print the Coast or River tiles on because they are never mixed in with the regular tiles, while the Pirate Logo stickers can be stuck on existing tiles rather than made from scratch.

I've playtested it a few times and I'm pretty happy with it. Any comments or suggests for improvements would, however, be amazing.

Version 1.1 (04/06/12)
  • Added the cloister-road-river tile from River 1
  • Refined the river tunnel tile to make it more visually distinct from regular tunnels
  • Updated the rules so that pirates are activated both when a pirate logo tile is played and, for individual players, when passing the beginning of the score track.

Version 1.2 (04/06/12)
  • Removed a redundant / outdated page from the Tiles .pdf
  • Replaced a river segment found in River 2 with a new segment featuring a cloister and a city

Version 1.3 - MAJOR UPDATE(12/06/12)
  • Tweaked the rules after some playtesting
  • Edited a bunch of tiles, changing their configuration
  • Added a 19-tile expansion to the expansion as well as a few new base expansion tiles
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:07:13 PM by Hawkinsssable » Logged
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 06:51:41 AM »

http://carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=175

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: