Rio Grande Games No Longer to Publish Carcassonne!
Carcassonne Central
April 18, 2024, 05:59:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rio Grande Games No Longer to Publish Carcassonne!  (Read 29446 times)
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 08:00:16 PM »

Thanks for correcting my mixed-up ramblings.

At CKorfmann's suggestion, I've sent an introductory e-mail to Z-Man Games explaining that we exist, who we are, and inviting them to communicate with us in some way.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »

Received an e-mail back from Z-Man Games. They don't know yet what Carcassonne games/expansions they will be releasing and when, but as soon as they figure it out they will post on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Z-Man-Games/170153096392567

Looks like they update quite regularly, which will be a nice change from RGG's infrequent announcements.

obervet03
Cottager

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »

Interesting development -- I was browsing in my local games store this evening, and I found 4 of the 6 new minis (Fliers, Messages, etc). I was certainly not expecting to find those for a while. What was even more interesting is that they are published by Rio Grande Games, not Z-Man. I assume they were already in the works when they lost the contract, so I suspect there won't be a whole lot of them released at this point.
kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »

That is interesting with RGG and the Minis.
The licence is gone and now the Minis are finished for selling?
Does HiG knows that?
kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 09:16:25 AM »

I had a telephone call today with HiG - Moritz Brunnhofer.
He said that is correct that RGG has published the Minis. But it's only a small production.

Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 04:07:55 PM »

The forum is back up! I stopped trying to access after awhile :-( ..... For those of you who waited, have about a dozen of the RGG minis 1-6 coming next week. Also will have base game + river I from Z-man, but looks like they are charging $5.00 for the "free" river.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 04:10:52 PM by Carcatronn » Logged

Sekim
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 07:37:51 AM »

The river has never been free in Germany except the one time at the fair when it was introduced. So all who got it in the USA for free should be happy that they got it early  Wink
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 08:48:09 AM »

I saw a copy of Z-Man's Carcassonne release in Barnes & Noble the other day. It does NOT advertise on the front of the box that the River I is included - but when you read what parts are included on the back of the box it does state that 12 River tiles are included. I thought it was odd that they didn't take advantage of the opportunity to advertise a "free" expansion included with the set.

Believe it or not I was tempted to buy it just so I could see how it differed from RGG. Somehow I fought off the compulsion. My wife was proud.

Does anyone own a copy that can make a review of it?

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
jungleboy
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 09:56:40 AM »

I saw a copy of Z-Man's Carcassonne release in Barnes & Noble the other day. It does NOT advertise on the front of the box that the River I is included - but when you read what parts are included on the back of the box it does state that 12 River tiles are included.

This is a link to the Z-Man edition at Amazon (UK). It says the river is included on the front cover, above the arch:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carcassonne-New-Edition-Board-Game/dp/B008ULAMSG/ref=sr_1_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1358531620&sr=1-1
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 06:26:14 AM »

Hmmm...I wonder now if it was there on the copy I saw and I missed it...either way that's poor marketing. I was looking for the bright eye-catching seal.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: