Its a small small world
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 07:37:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Its a small small world  (Read 5996 times)
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« on: March 11, 2007, 12:21:20 AM »

So for the second night in a row, Natasha & I played a couple of games.  This time we played:

• River I
  • River II
  • The Tower
  • Inns & Cathedrals
  • Traders & Builders

For us, this is a mega-game!  We're used to playing mostly River I + one other expansion.

Game 1

Not very exciting (seems as though our first game is always a little mundane as we warm up!), but I went a little nuts with my farmers and by 3/4ths of the way through the game I had *cough* 5 farmers deployed (hey, I grew up on a farm so back off!).  Natasha is the type to keep a few meeples in reserve and rarely plays more than 2 farmers, so I thought I had the game in the bag.  Unfortunately the bag had a hole in it because I lost 287 - 236.   Angry  Also, we're not big fans of The Tower, and as usual we only each deployed 2 towers out of the 10.

Game 2

This game I decided I was going to win without using any farmers at all (this is the second time I've attempted this) but by midway it was clear that playing without farmers is a lost cause.  We did some negotiating and only ended up each deploying 1 tower piece each, but in the end I didn't finish building the tower so Nat had one of my meeples prisoner for most of the game (which I had forgotten about as usual).  It was really an unusual layout so I took a snapshot:

I resized it down a lot so you can't see all the details perfectly, but you can tell that Nat had her red territory on the left and I had my yellow territory on the right, and basically we stuck to those areas for the entire game. 

I deployed my double-meeple in her zone but she countered with a double and regular meeple to pull out a 15-city farm - with a pig no less - for 60 points!  She also took the beer & toilet paper trades (or barrel & cloth? ... anyhow that's what we call 'em!) for an additional 20 points.  Final score: Gantry 265 points, Nat 279 for her 2nd win of the night!

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: