My Deluxe-Homemade Wooden Box
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 03:24:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Deluxe-Homemade Wooden Box  (Read 14674 times)
Emi78
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:40:54 PM »

Hi all,

This is my deluxe wooden box i made a few months ago. I can keep all the official expansions inside the box (The only expansion that is not in the pic is "the windrose") and have a little space for future expansions.It is made with a box I bought in a wood supplier and treated with blue dye and brass-copper hinges for a rustic look. The word carcassonne and the drawing of the city is made with the pyrography technique. I've really enjoyed making this box and i would like to share it with you all. The pics are the best i can take with my mobile phone...

Hope you like it!!

Regards.
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »

Wow! Well done! That is really a nice looking box. I like the meeple bags. I guess they came with The School? But how do you go about getting one of each color?

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Emi78
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:41:35 AM »

Wow! Well done! That is really a nice looking box. I like the meeple bags. I guess they came with The School? But how do you go about getting one of each color?

Thank you!

Yes, they are "the school" expansion bags. To get the grey and the black ones, i painted two spare bags with setacolor fabric paint.
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 03:21:22 AM »

To get the grey and the black ones, i painted two spare bags with setacolor fabric paint.

Well done - they are very convincing!

When you ordered at CundCo were you able to specify what color bags you wanted? I didn't see the option. It feels like you might buy 6 of The School expansions and get 6 blue bags...or some such.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Albinoasian
Villein

Living like a meeple

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 03:28:16 AM »

Wow this is amazing work!! May I ask what the dimensions (size) are of those meeple bags. And how many meeples do have in each one. Do you think you can fit 16 meeples in one bag?

Thanks for your help
Emi78
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 04:12:29 AM »

To get the grey and the black ones, i painted two spare bags with setacolor fabric paint.

Well done - they are very convincing!

When you ordered at CundCo were you able to specify what color bags you wanted? I didn't see the option. It feels like you might buy 6 of The School expansions and get 6 blue bags...or some such.

No, I did not be able to specify comments in my order but I wrote a comment in my paypal money order. I dont know if it worked of only was a lucky strike Grin. I ordered with differents accounts (mine, brother and girlfriend) because you can only order 2 per account.

Quote from: Albinoasian
Wow this is amazing work!! May I ask what the dimensions (size) are of those meeple bags. And how many meeples do have in each one. Do you think you can fit 16 meeples in one bag?

I can fit all the 16 Meeples in each bag. I dont have the bags in my hands now, but their measures are 10 cm x 7 cm aprox.

Albinoasian
Villein

Living like a meeple

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 06:15:05 AM »

Thank you for those details it shall be very helpful as we decide what size to make our custom made meeple bags.

And that limit of 2 is slightly annoying because i can't afford the $25 postage to Australia 3 times! But well done on getting them Smiley
I've placed an order for 2 along with many other things
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:55:30 AM by Albinoasian » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: