Playing with spin-offs
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 03:37:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing with spin-offs  (Read 10774 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« on: February 01, 2008, 12:16:25 AM »

Is it possible to integrate any of the spin-offs - City, Discovery, H&G, Scout (of King & Scout) etc. into the main game?  Are there any variant rules for those?

Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:19:43 AM »

I'm sure it's possible, but none of the variants I have in the Variant Registry are written for any of the Carc spin-offs, but many do work with the existing game + expansions.

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:40:44 AM »

I was thinking about existing game + Expansions + spin-offs.  So, for example, special rules for playing Carcassonne + Ark of the Covenant + Cathars + Abbey & Mayors + King, Count & Cultist, to play the "religious" game.  Does anything exist, or do people generally think it's not a good idea to mix the spin-offs with the existing game?

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 09:19:32 AM »

I've read just about every Carc variant there is, and I haven't come across anything like this either. It's probably doable, but the graphics might not match up. Based on what I've seen of the H&G tiles, I don't think they would fit well. Discovery probably has the best chance of success?

EcoGuy
Villein

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 06:07:52 AM »

I posted this under a different thread and although it would make for a marathon Carcassonne session I thought of playing the original carcassone with any expansions you choose but then play The City to resolve ties in scoring completed cities.

Yeah call me a geek but it combines one of the spin-offs with the original Smiley
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 06:34:34 AM »

Heh, do you play with H&G to settle ties for farms at the end?

EcoGuy
Villein

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 06:40:15 AM »

I have yet to play H&G but based on what I know not a bad idea but might need to put aside a weekend to play  Grin
Cappy
Authors
Freeman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 02:08:09 PM »

Well, I didn't see anything in the guidelines against thread necromancy, so I'm raising an old one rather than start another.

My family has tried to combine H&G with Carcassonne... didn't work well at all. The terrain features just don't mix.

Soon, however, I hope to unleash a combined Ark & Carc game upon them. Will keep you posted on how it goes.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 06:20:11 PM »

I prefer the term "thread archeology". Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: