New spielbox expansion?
Carcassonne Central
April 26, 2024, 12:38:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: New spielbox expansion?  (Read 100364 times)
skipboris
Authors
Duke

Merit: 14

Try out the Ocean!

Awards
« on: March 08, 2008, 04:30:12 PM »

I found this post over on boardgamegeek.com.  Has anyone here heard of it?  Is this a new expansion? 

Heres the link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/298631

Heres the post:

Hello,

So I just got an e-mail from Spielbox saying that they're coming out with a Hans im Glück almanac for their 25th anniversary and that it will be including a "just revealed" expansion called "Die Kultstätten." My question is, is this another expansion, or does it have to do with the "Cult Places" expansion that we already know about? It's got "Kult" at the beginning which is what's making me wonder, and I'm no expert in German. They make it sound in the e-mail like there will also be other "gimmicks" (as they put it) so there may be other expansions as well. The magazine is available for pre-order now and will "probably be published July 2008." Any info would be appreciated.

The original e-mail follows (it starts in German, ends in English):

Hans-im-Glück Almanach zum Jubiläum

Zum 25jährigen Bestehen des Hans-im-Glück Verlages bringt die spielbox einen „Hans-im-Glück-Almanach“ heraus.

Abgesehen von den sehr interessanten Inhalten - wie z.B. einem Blick hinter die Redaktionskulissen u.v.a.m. - werden diesem Almanach natürlich auch besondere Gimmicks beiliegen. Eines davon können wir jetzt schon verraten: "Die Kultstätten", eine Erweiterung zum Megaseller Carcassonne.

Sichern Sie sich jetzt schon Ihr persönliches Exemplar und bestellen Sie hier: http://www.spielbox-magazin.de/sbalmhigd.php

Falls Sie besondere Bestellungen tätigen (Geschenke etc.) oder mehr als 20 Exemplare bestellen möchten, stehe ich Ihnen auch gerne persönlich unter barbara@nostheide.de zur Verfügung.

Ihre Barbara Nostheide
spielbox

Hans im Glück anniversary almanac

On the occasion of publisher Hans im Glück’s 25th anniversary, spielbox will offer a Hans im Glück almanac.

Next to interesting contents including a look behind the scenes of the game development, the almanac will also come with special gimmicks. We can already reveal one of them: “Die Kultstätten”, an add-on for the mega seller Carcassonne.

Secure your own copy right now and order here: http://www.spielbox-magazin.de/sbalmhige.php

If you would like to place special orders (gifts etc.) or need more than 20 copies, I will also be happy to answer your questions in person at barbara@nostheide.de.

Yours,
Barbara Nostheide
spielbox

c/o w. nostheide verlag gmbh
Bahnhofstraße 22
D-96117 Memmelsdorf
Tel. 0951-40666-25
Fax 0951-40666-49
barbara@nostheide.de
www.nostheide.de www.spielbox-magazin.de

Geschäftsführer: Jens Nostheide Registergericht Bamberg HRB 746 Ust.-Id.Nr.: DE 132271195
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 11:44:11 PM »

That oughta be the five new tiles in the 6th "expansion" from HiG. A good way to not have to buy it if one owns all the other earlier expansions.

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
mjharper
Administrator
Baron

Merit: 25

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:54:16 AM »

Well, I'd agree that it 'ought' to be connected to Count, King and Consort, as 'Kultstätten' is indeed the German word we've translated as 'shrines'. But that doesn't mean that the expansion in the almanac will be the same five tiles as in CK&R. It could also be more tiles with shrines on them—Shrines and Heretics II, so to speak. After all, it wouldn't be much of a selling point for Spielbox to include an expansion that was released six months before.

That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

Currently residing in the 'Where are they now?' file.
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 01:43:33 AM »

Is this the same kind of Almanach that the last one (with Kathars)?

But you have a point Matt, unless someone has actually listened to the customers who do not want to buy redundant expansions ...

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 11:34:12 AM »

Does this mean that the Cathar tiles aren't being re-released?  Cry
I'm hoping that when she says "Die Kultstätten" is one of the gimmicks, that means there are more which will be a surprise. Considering they were out of stock on Cathars for a long time now, I have a tough time imagining them not reprinting it.

Filled-out the form and sent her 10 euros via Paypal. It worked out to $15.60 CAD, and I had a $10 credit in my account already from an on-line survey I filled out ages ago. I also had some USD in my account that would have covered the rest, but for some reason I couldn't use that so I had to pay the remaining $5.60 with my credit card.

If "Die Kultstätten" turns out to be the five shrine tiles, some of us hardcore collectors may end up with three copies of them when all is said and done. Hopefully at least some of them are different. Perhaps they want to bring the number of shrine tiles more in line with the number of cloister tiles?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 11:54:19 AM by Scott » Logged

Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 12:04:57 PM »

I have also pre-ordered a copy. Were you prompted for payment, Scott, or did you just send payment?
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 01:14:47 PM »

I was never prompted for payment, so I figured I should probably send it myself. It is possible for her to request payment, but who knows if she will? The form seems to indicate that we need to take the initiative to send payment.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 07:36:34 AM »

Hello Scott,

thanks a lot for your order of the Hans-im-Glück-Almanac and the quick payment :-) As soon as the Almanac is published (June/July) we will send it to you.

We wish you a fun read!

Kind regards
Barbara Nostheide

Looks like I did everything right.

Alricthemad
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 07:41:21 AM »

I went ahead and ordered 10.
we'll see if it gets shipped to the US.

If this expansion turns out like Cathers, I'll be able to capitalize on the extra copies in a couple of years.

If anyone on this board and in the US wants a copy, drop me a note. I'll offer up to 5 for the price of the mag and shipping to you.

Alric
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 09:12:28 AM »

Thanks Scott. I have now sent my payment Smiley
skipboris
Authors
Duke

Merit: 14

Try out the Ocean!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 10:35:01 AM »

Some more details;

I sent this email a couple days ago:

"Hi Barbara,

Can you tell me any more details about the special gimmicks this will offer?  Are these tiles completely new or are there some re-prints?  Will this include the Cathars mini expansion?  Will any of it be in English?  Thank you very much for your kind reply!"

This was the reply:

"I just can tell you that one of the tiles (Kultstätten) is appeared in a collection of expansions called "Graf, König und Konsorten" as the only formerly unpublished part of the box.  The other tiles will be completely new. The Cathars won't be included - they will not be reprinted. We will try to translate the complete Almanac into English for download at our website.

As soon as we know more about the other tiles we will publish this over our website www.spielbox.de.

Bye, Barbara"

So, it looks like there will be the cult tiles, plus some brand new stuff.  Sadly though, no Cathars.
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 01:37:05 PM »

Bollocks.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 05:35:55 PM »

Undecided The Cathars will not be reprinted? Does that mean ever?!? Cry

Either they need to reprint, or let RGG publish it over here.

dwhitworth
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 09:15:29 AM »

Is there any chance that the "completely new" tiles  may be Jay's black tiles or the other stuff that is to be released by RGG in April. They would be "completely new" to Europe . . . ?
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 09:18:16 AM »

I ordered 3 copies and paid via paypal.  Do they send a confirmation email?

And I don't think the "completely new" tiles are Jay's tiles - at least I hope not!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: