Requests for new tiles
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 12:24:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Requests for new tiles  (Read 280886 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2008, 07:06:23 AM »

Heh, you don't have to compliment me only because you want me to do things for you.

First off, I thought of the H&G forests but decided that the "colour scheme" doesn't work with the normal Carc tiles, so I decided to make my own forest.  I don't think they look too bad, but like all things, they can always be improved.

With regards to 'The Castle'...

I've been keeping track of http://solsticewars.mysite.orange.co.uk/ and yesterday I was looking at this and went "Hmm..."

I was playing around with the 2 tiles:

and

and finally finished this today (click on the image below for the full size print version):

What do you think?  Did I get it right with the colour scheme, or is it supposed to be darker?  I'll have to redraw the dead end village so that it doesn't use images from Carc, and that will probably take some time.

With regards to your requests, could you sketch something out and send it to me so that I know exactly what you require... and I'll attempt to get them done.  I strive to keep everyone happy!

Wishmaster
Count

Merit: 4

I've got Purple Meeples!

WWW Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2008, 09:42:30 AM »

Hey I like it, there's getting your own back!! Ha Ha  Grin

Unfortunately you've picked on two tiles that are no longer involved in the game - Quite a bits changed in the last couple of months. The lith (that's the pile of rocks) has been removed from the game, and at present so have all the dead end roads... or should I say Dykes as I'm now referring to them. The village symbol is intentionally separate from the road as an indicator. However, I do like you're version of them, very pretty indeed, and above my level of expertise.

I'll see what I can come up with for you regards the Castle sketches - Thanks!

Really do like your forest tiles now you've but the block of three on view.

Time for one more daring dream...
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »

RE: Forest tiles, well, if Scott likes the look, I'll continue with them on 2 sides, then 3 then 4.  It's gonna take quite a bit of work to accomplish.

RE: Solstice War - just a sketch with pencil on paper would do - details not necessary if labels are used.  That way I won't have to interpret your words into a picture Smiley

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »

The forest tiles look great! I'm glad that you were able to figure out what I was asking for. My goal is to see forests become a new landscape feature. adding variety, and helping to break up farms. The number of tiles that could be done would qualify this as a full-size expansions, so I will wait patiently because it will take a while to complete.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »

Scott: I only have Matt's scans from K,C & C, and the A&M and GQ11 expansion scans from BGG.  I'm desperately looking for a good set of scans for the earlier expansions.  I'll work on GQ11 for the time being, but if anyone can help scan some good quality images for T&B, I&C, Tower, P&D, Cathars, Rivers1 and the Base set, I'd be happy.  (And if you're going that route, might as well go the full 9-yards (or whatever the expression is) and scan K,C&C, A&M and GQ11, so that I can have a consistant "set" to make expansions with).

Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2008, 07:51:07 AM »

I have I&C, K&S, P&D, Riv II, Count, Tower, and T&B.  Maybe I'm a nutjob but I scanned them all in immediately after buying them. Will zip them up and make available today. I'm a little rushed so I just have them all in one file rather than just the ones you need, its a big zip file, about 70MB, I'll PM you the link.

update: meh, the upload failed, will split it up.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 08:37:40 AM by Gantry » Logged

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Alricthemad
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2008, 10:48:04 AM »

I've got the KC&C.
I haven't punched them from the cards yet.
I'll try to get them scanned b the weekend
Deatheux
Marquis

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2008, 07:18:09 PM »

btw, any news for the 100pts board in the DL sektor??

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

13 man on the field IS a penalty!!!!!(10 yards, automatic 1st down)

A match can never be ended on a defensive penalty!!!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 10:29:40 AM »

Well, I gave Deatheux a copy of the big file.  And I'm sorta back.  Wishmaster, have you drawn up the tiles you want me to make for you?

Deatheux
Marquis

Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 03:36:43 PM »

i've got the file, this is really great!!1

this is EVEN MORE GREATER when you hold in you hand the VERY VERY 100pts board!!!!!!!

it cost me less than 25$(Can) a real joke!!

thx Novelty

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

Deatheux
Marquis

Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

Can you made out, plwase, a package of all tiles created in one DL'able file, i want to add some those in my Big Box.

thx!

Deatheux

p.s. the 100pts board is so F'N awesome i can't walk straight since i've got it!! thx

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

Nors
Cottager

Merit: 4

Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2008, 12:11:31 AM »

btw, any news for the 100pts board in the DL sektor??

I am looking forward to get this one, any ideas on when it will be available?
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2008, 10:22:47 AM »

I haven't seen Matt post for a while now.  I hope he's well.  Gantry, can you make it accessible via the downloads?  Or perhaps Joff or Scott of Carcassonne World would like to post it up on their site?  PM me!

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »

Carc World is Joff's site; I just help with putting the documents together.

I'm getting a little concerned about how long it's been since Matt posted.

If something doesn't happen soon, I think it should be uploaded to a file sharing type site (eg. Megaupload) and everybody who wants it can grab from there until we can get it posted somewhere more permanent. It worked great for sending it the first time.

Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2008, 12:22:40 AM »

I emailed Matt sometime ago: no response.  Here's hoping all is well and he's sitting on a beach somewhere sipping Margheritas.

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: