Requests for new tiles
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 05:58:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Requests for new tiles  (Read 281041 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2009, 06:13:04 PM »

Heh, I have no idea what the waterfall rules are.  And why stop at waterfalls?  There could be rapids, maybe even things like gorges...

ShadowP68
Authors
Villein

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2009, 09:34:57 PM »

Would that be permanently stuck on the river or you have to finish the river past the waterfall?
You would have to finish the river past the water fall.

Heh, I have no idea what the waterfall rules are.  And why stop at waterfalls?  There could be rapids, maybe even things like gorges...

Rapids sound like a good Idea. Maybe the rapids could increase the value of the river for the person who has there fisherman on the river.

So far there is no set rules for the waterfalls. they are sort of revolving from this thread. All suggests are welcome. If there is enough interest, maybe a new thread needs to be created for Waterfalls and Rapids?
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #242 on: February 14, 2009, 11:21:09 PM »

So far there is no set rules for the waterfalls. they are sort of revolving from this thread. All suggests are welcome. If there is enough interest, maybe a new thread needs to be created for Waterfalls and Rapids?

Perhaps you should start this in the Variant Workshop. I think the idea warrants it Smiley
hester
Authors
Freeman

Merit: 6

Awards
« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2009, 05:21:03 AM »

Welcome from me as well.  Yes, waterfalls are a nice idea, and I've actually seen someone else make the tile here and used it as their avatar but I can't remember who it was (perhaps it was hester...).

Yep, that was me. I abondoned the idea of actually using it in play though because it somehow looks "wrong", especially if you put two of them next to each other. It's like the landscape is going up and down arbitrarily, which is made even worse if one of the falls is turned sideways or upside down.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 05:23:06 AM by hester » Logged
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2009, 06:20:24 AM »

Thanks for the pictures, hester!

ShadowP68
Authors
Villein

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2009, 09:55:05 AM »

Hester, Those tiles look great. There should some that are go 90 degrees, some that are at the branchoffs, and some that go right into the lake. I was also thinking of waterfalls after the lake and continue on as another river.

I also saw tiles of lakes that get placed like cities. Is this a expansion from here or from a link to another site. That one looks kind of interesting.

Another thougt is to add inns next to the river to go with the Inn owners variant.
bufferm44
Villein

Merit: 9

Awards
« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2009, 03:47:55 PM »

Yep, that was me. I abondoned the idea of actually using it in play though because it somehow looks "wrong", especially if you put two of them next to each other. It's like the landscape is going up and down arbitrarily, which is made even worse if one of the falls is turned sideways or upside down.

Hey, but they look great! Is there a version for being printed somewhere? I like it :-)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2009, 03:09:05 AM »

The river tiles (without the waterfalls) are from mehrfluss or the Neue Flusskarten download from HiG's former fan-made site.  You can still download the tiles from HiG Downloads.

The waterfall tiles are by Hester.  You will have to get them from her Smiley

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2009, 11:25:36 PM »

I know you're busy, but if you have the time, I was thinking of a sequal to the wells expansion... here are some more ideas

1. CRFR A city end, with a road going past. the road has a roundabout (with a well) with one branch entering the city (for wagon and trading posts expansions)
2. CFRR A city end with a curved road similar roundabout and well as above
3. CRRF same as above, yet road curves other way
4.RFRF straight road with inn and well

nothing urgent, just when you have the time...
thanks!

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »

Can I make a request of the Worm Hole tiles?  I think my wife would be very happy to see them made.

Flee the fleas!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2009, 09:38:06 PM »

Can I make a request of the Worm Hole tiles?  I think my wife would be very happy to see them made.
You'll need to give me a description or better still, supply me with an image I can use to create the tile

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »

I'll have to see what I can come up with...

Is there anything you can use here?
http://www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.uk/nf/ClipArt/Image/0,,239051_1584408_,00.html
http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/black-hole.html

I know Apple has one of those tools that lets you swirl a photo.  It is probably a tool elsewhere as well if you don't have an Apple.  If you just want to use two CCCx tiles, or one of those and a CCxx tile, I think that would be best.  If you don't have tool that can do it, perhaps I can ask a friend who does.  In fact, I know just the guy to ask.  Let me know what to do. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 10:55:38 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2009, 11:08:45 PM »

No and no to those images.  I don't even have to look.  You'll need to get permission from the authors to use those images.

Also, a blackhole is a bit scifi for a medieval game such as Carcassonne.  Perhaps you'd need to refine the idea a bit more.  How about magical doorways?

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2009, 11:32:31 AM »

Well, I thought there might be some opposition to the worm hole idea, but when you consider the magic portal, it's not that far fetched, I guess.  However, since I anticipated the possibility of some people not buying the idea, I thought of an alternative.  That being a large tunnel with an entrance in a city on each tile.  Both tiles could be any configuration of city, as long as the city section take up most of the tile, with a large picture of a tunnel entrance on it.  For instance: one CCCC tile and one CCFF tile where the city comes to a point between the two farm sides making two fields.  You could also use a CCCR or CCCF tile.

I initially sent you those websites because it said "free clip art" on the page.

Flee the fleas!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2009, 05:46:34 PM »

There's actually a rather nice tunnel expansion out there (was it solazy?) and I'd rather not encroach into that idea as well.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
  Print  

Jump to: