Requests for new tiles
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 07:27:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Requests for new tiles  (Read 277631 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« on: March 26, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »

Well, I can't believe the support that I've had from the members here regarding the river tiles I've been making.  So here's a little bit of something for y'all.  I'll be customising new tiles with elements from existing tiles for you (on jpg format).  To get them list in this post which elements you wish to see on the tiles.  My time is limited though and to ensure that everyone gets their chance to see their tiles made, can I request that you keep the requests to a maximum of 4 tiles per post.  I'll process them on a first post first done basis (and ignore the 5th and subsequent tiles in the post).  If possible, please do list the "original" tile (and from which expansion) as well, e.g.

1. the roundabout tile from A&M with a lake
2. The volcano lake tile from Rivers2 with 2 roads and a bridge over the lake (srfr)

I'll post the results in this post for all to see as well.

Edit: If possible, please state the "tile-edge topology" to make it clearer for me to understand.  s=river/stream, r=road, f=farm, c=city/castle
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:11:33 PM by Novelty » Logged

dwhitworth
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 09:23:33 PM »

Thanks for this offer - I expect you will get a lot of requests!

I am still interested in the tile I mentioned at the start of the thread on new tiles. This would be the straight road tile with a break in the middle so that the farm connects between the two road segments - so from the top it will be f-r-f-r but the road has two non-connecting segments. To make a set of four you could do the same configuration with a cloister and shrine in the centre and then maybe one with a river running north south - river-road-river-road but without the road bridging the river, or maybe one that had one of the roads connecting to the cloister.

Over to you and thanks again.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 02:48:30 AM »

Well, you don't have to request for a set of 4 if you only want 1 or 2.  I did 2 anyways - the tile you wanted and the one with the river through it because I already have the river tile handy.  I hope you aren't disappointed with the result:

This is done in actual size, so it's print ready.  (The downside is that it takes ages to load.)  My apologies for the first tile, I didn't realise it looked that bad in full size Sad
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 02:52:05 AM by Novelty » Logged

dwhitworth
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:32:43 AM »

Wow! These are great Novelty and well worth a merit point . . . I will print them ASAP. I like the road that ends at the boat landing . . . possibilities there for a "ferry" hmmm . .
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 08:35:36 AM »

I'm glad you liked them.  Thanks for the merit point.  There's a whole custom expansion with the boat landing for "fishermen" or something.  You have to check the variants forum for more info since it's not done by me.

O.M.S.
Freeman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 03:54:40 PM »

Novelty, I like your tiles too.
I tried to create some tiles in CorelDraw+Corel Photshop, but I am not so patient as you  Wink
I have problem with river(s). I like these expansions (+ 2 tiles GQ11) and I (we) use variants "three branches" or "fork-start" (according to Joff's material: Variants on the River, thank you Joff Smiley) with little modification (2 spring+1 lake).
But I regret that I can't use all tiles. Totaly we have at disposal 3 springs, 3 lakes and 1 fork (+ "normal" streams).
Is it possible to think up such tile(s) for logically using all river tiles?
Maybe the second modified fork but floodgate should be needed.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »

The river tiles are mostly for my variant - Row, row, row your meeple in a boat.

O.M.S.
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 01:39:18 AM »

The river tiles are mostly for my variant - Row, row, row your meeple in a boat.

I know about it, but ... something stayed opened ... Wink

Hmm... I guess it'll need a rethink.  Any idea what sort of balance for the river tiles would be good?
What would be good though, would be if either RGG or HiG take this idea and produce an expansion with extra river tiles - say about 40 - 60 tiles  Shocked
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 04:22:47 AM »

How about that roundabout but with four roads? Maybe even with a cloister in the middle Smiley

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 04:45:44 AM »

I was thinking about that Tobias.  Here you go:

Edit: Woohoo 100th post... and 23 minutes to do a request Smiley
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 04:47:28 AM by Novelty » Logged

Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 06:19:59 AM »

I like these expansions (+ 2 tiles GQ11) and I (we) use variants "three branches" or "fork-start" (according to Joff's material: Variants on the River, thank you Joff Smiley) with little modification (2 spring+1 lake).

Actually, you have Scott to thank for the Variations on the River pdf.
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 06:26:38 AM »

I was thinking about that Tobias.  Here you go:

Neatness! Thanks Smiley

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
O.M.S.
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 07:55:46 AM »

Actually, you have Scott to thank for the Variations on the River pdf.
Oh, sorry, thank you Scott.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 05:37:56 PM »

I probably wasn't the first to come up with them. Many people independently came up with some of the same ideas. All I did was compile them into one place.

Hey Novelty, would you be up to a bigger challenge like making a double-wide scoreboard that goes up to 100? I started on one myself but got stuck. I could send you what I managed to accomplish thus far...

Deatheux
Marquis

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 06:09:14 PM »

nice tiles!!!  if i can propose something, on the first river/road tile, i'd like to split in two farms this tiles, just to "reduce" the farm amount of feeded cities.

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

13 man on the field IS a penalty!!!!!(10 yards, automatic 1st down)

A match can never be ended on a defensive penalty!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: