Requests for new tiles
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 05:41:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Requests for new tiles  (Read 277603 times)
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 02:35:08 AM »

Hey Novelty, would you be up to a bigger challenge like making a double-wide scoreboard that goes up to 100? I started on one myself but got stuck. I could send you what I managed to accomplish thus far...

That's a good idea. I've seen some attempts at this but thought that they were not that good.

However, we use the superb extra points scoreboard: http://www.carcassonne-city.de/ click on "Grundlage" menu, then "Das Grundspiel" link, followed by  "Umrundungsleiste" link, then lastly "Umrundungsleiste als PDF-Datei" for the PDF file. Print out in 'best' quality and mount to card. I also laminated my copy. You just then need extra markers Smiley

If you want a board like this for 'Hunters and Gatherers' just click on "Umrundungsleiste zu "Jäger und Sammler" instead of "Umrundungsleiste als PDF-Datei" Smiley
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 06:15:58 AM »

Scott: sure, send me what you have and I'll see if I can doctor something up.

Deatheux: which "first river/road tile" are you talking about?  Do you mean the one with the boat landing?  Well, dwhitworth wanted the farms in the top and bottom connected so I made one where the right side was connected for him, but I can do another variant for you as well with 4 different farm sections.

Deatheux
Marquis

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 06:54:31 AM »

what a constructive idea(not to make out a sucky tricky word game!) but that 100 pts board is kicking balls!!!

may we have something we can bend in 2... like common boards games(not to throwing name...)

we can made out some more tiles 50/100...

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

13 man on the field IS a penalty!!!!!(10 yards, automatic 1st down)

A match can never be ended on a defensive penalty!!!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 12:54:46 PM »

We use the superb extra points scoreboard: http://www.carcassonne-city.de/ click on "Grundlage" menu, then "Das Grundspiel" link, followed by  "Umrundungsleiste" link, then lastly "Umrundungsleiste als PDF-Datei" for the PDF file. Print out in 'best' quality and mount to card. I also laminated my copy. You just then need extra markers Smiley

The quality is good, but I'm not keen on keeping track of score in yet another place, or needing another set of six markers.

I'm sending my partially-completed Carc scoring track in PNG format to Novelty via Megaupload (27 MB). If it pans out, then we just need to change the 50/100 tiles to 100/200 tiles. By being double-wide, my intention is that the 0-99 scoring track can fold in half and fit in the original box.

Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 09:42:50 PM »

Matt: how about grabbing a copy of that scoreboard and adding it to our downloads page?  I'm sure fair use would allow us to redistribute it without a problem, but if unsure, we could always ask.

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
mjharper
Administrator
Baron

Merit: 25

WWW Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 12:50:23 AM »

He, I hadn't checked the file Joff linked to before. But now that I have, I can tell you that it isn't original to carcassonne-city.de. It's actually from the official homepage, buried amongst their list of downloads.

As for adding it to our site, I think I have a better idea. The current downloads are requires the files to actually be located on our (well, my) server. If we move to freely available downloads, I was planning to actually move the downloads page so that it mirrored the FAQ style, and then add manual links to all the files. It would be rather easy then to have a include links to files on other people's sites, without actually duplicating the files and hosting our own version. Then I'll go through the various bits and pieces on the official site and add them all (at least, the useful ones).

Currently residing in the 'Where are they now?' file.
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 01:00:32 AM »

Sounds good!

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 04:49:45 AM »

Here's a preview of Scott's version completed:

I'm not sure how good the quality is when it is printed as the original copy that Scot was working with wasn't a very good scan to begin with.  This is the small version and I don't think think it's printable.  I'm not going to post the link here to the full big version to make it available because it's a huge file, but will PM it to someone who can load it here on this site as a free download.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 07:39:18 PM by Novelty » Logged

Deatheux
Marquis

Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 05:48:56 PM »

let's my heart talks here... "What a F'N nice job budd, WOW!!!!!!!!!"

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

skipboris
Authors
Duke

Merit: 14

Try out the Ocean!

Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 06:46:36 PM »

That needs to be hosted here right away.  I want it!  Also, could someone create a 200 score tile to paste over the 50 side?
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 11:22:18 PM »

Since Matt hosts the downloads section, I'll leave it up to him.  I can host it here on this domain and he can link to it if he wants.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 10:25:21 AM »

The grass near 57 should probably be varied a little more, but other than that it looks awesome.

I scanned the original track as best I knew how. It seemed pretty decent to me, though definitely not as good as the quality of your scans. I am interested in learning how to scan better.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 11:50:51 AM »

I was contemplating placing something on the grass near 57, and building a wall south of 64 to 57, but decided it was too much effort, particularly if nobody's gonna appreciate it or be using it.  OK, here's the updated small version of the scoring track:

I think it looks better.  I'll wait for Matt to give me instructions on how to send him the full version of the file (if he wants to host it here).

I haven't scanned any Carcassonne stuff yet.  All I've done is plagarised the scans off BGG (mostly scans done by Matt).  Matt can probably tell you how he scanned his tiles to get such a nice finish.  All I know is - scan at (at least) 300 dpi.

mjharper
Administrator
Baron

Merit: 25

WWW Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 01:47:17 AM »

The new version looks great. Be happy to host it. You could pm me a copy, or send it directly via email (my email is plastered all over my website).

I'm a bit busy at the moment, so I'd probably just add it to the current downloads section, rather that try to rebuild the downloads section right away

Oh, and most of the scans on BGG are by other people Wink I've scanned a few things, but I'm no expert…

Currently residing in the 'Where are they now?' file.
Deatheux
Marquis

Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 06:30:32 AM »

i'm going to my local favorite printer to make out a "plateau test " and next Canadiens game, i'll tell you how it works!!

GO HABS GO, beat up boston(like toronto!!!!!!!!! and buffalo!! and Sens...)

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: