Requests for new tiles
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 02:32:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Requests for new tiles  (Read 277745 times)
mathguy89
Authors
Vassal

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2008, 08:14:46 PM »

I'm not sure if something like this has been done, I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist in the official tiles.
    C
R       R
    F

with the roads both being dead ends.  It might be a huge farm extender, but maybe we can see what the reaction is.  Also the same thing except have a city cap instead of the field.

I'm on boardgamegeek as mathguy6189, feel free to add me as a "geek buddy"
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2008, 11:36:10 PM »

Here you go... if you could request another 11 more (12 total) and I'll template it up as a PDF.

Edit:Tile removed - included in mathguy89 expansion
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:13:59 AM by Novelty » Logged

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2008, 11:40:17 PM »

Just because I was sorta inspired, here's a second farm extender tile... these are easy to do Smiley

Edit: Tile removed - included in mathguy89 expansion
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:15:11 AM by Novelty » Logged

mathguy89
Authors
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2008, 01:50:53 AM »

Thanks Novelty, those look awesome.

I've always liked the tile from P&D with the C - F- C-C and the cloister in it.  Maybe you could do some tiles that incorporate cloisters/cult into cities.

R
C       C
     F
with the city connected one with a cult and another with a cloister.  Maybe a C-C-C-F all connected city with a cult in it.

Perhaps this is crazy but what about a tile that goes

R
C      C
    R

but has the roads tunnel under a city that bridges over so that the field is continuous.  Just some random ideas that have been coming to me.  Take them or leave them.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 02:08:22 AM by mathguy89 » Logged

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2008, 02:40:43 AM »

Do you mean this CFCC from P&D (without the dragon icon below of course)

Edit: Tile removed - included in mathguy89 expansion
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:26:45 AM by Novelty » Logged

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2008, 02:46:02 AM »

Here's the one with the road:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:27:25 AM by Novelty » Logged

Lardarse
Authors
Vassal

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2008, 03:31:21 AM »

R
C       C
     F
with the city connected one with a cult and another with a cloister.
You mean with the city as a bridge going over the road, and not splitting the farm? That's in the Treasure Hunt expansion. Tile 14.

When I saw the blank tiles in CS&C, my first thought was an FFSS tile, with a shrine in it, but with the river curling around the shrine (sketch available on request). However, I don't know how feasible it would be to make that tile look good, nor am I sure if it will ever happen, after seeing the exact tile (but with the shrine outside of the river) in one of the Fishermen tile pages (fishmen3.pdf).

As for farm extenders, how about doing something interesting involving a CRRF tile? Traditionally, this shape hasn't received nearly as much love as CFRR, so it would be nice to give it something new, without making a "left handed" version. Maybe something like the attached image, perhaps?
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2008, 06:26:26 AM »

Lardarse, just because a tile has already been made, but it's not in your vision doesn't mean that it can't be remade again to be the way you want it.  I'll queue up your tiles to be rendered after I finish mathguy's request... right now I'm still on his cult and cloisters.  Here's the cult place on the same 2 tiles posted above.  I'm going to work on the butterfly city tile next followed by the tunnel/bridge tile (that sounds interesting) and then I'll attempt the shrine river tile.

Edit: Image removed.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:49:44 AM by Novelty » Logged

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2008, 06:34:46 AM »

Here's the bowtie city with a cloister and a shrine.  I removed the road from the shrine just to differentiate the 2.  That's 8 tiles Mathguy, and the tunnel will make 9 tiles.  3 more and you get a sheet Smiley

« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:49:38 AM by Novelty » Logged

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2008, 06:47:00 AM »

I think this is the last tile that mathguy wanted me to make... if I got any wrong, well please let me know.  I also threw in an extra tile with the tunnel since we hardly get that pointy city section... so that makes it 10.  2 more and we can add the sheet to the completed expansions section Smiley

Edit: Images removed.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:47:35 AM by Novelty » Logged

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2008, 07:18:53 AM »

Phew that was a long one (check the time I posted the last post and this one).  Here's 2 for LardArse as requested by him.  Well, if you request for 10 more, I'll put it on a pdf sheet for you as well, Lardy.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:49:31 AM by Novelty » Logged

mathguy89
Authors
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2008, 08:52:38 AM »

Novelty - great work, thanks so much for all the time you devote to this.

I know its a widely used set-up of
    C
R      R
    R
but could you do that with the pointy city.  Maybe have two of those roads connecting to each other and touching the wall of the city. 

And to make 12 - how about a cathedral in the middle of the tile with Roads on all for sides, with the top and left roads connected; right and bottom just leading to the cloister and ending.

Thanks again

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2008, 08:57:04 AM »

And to make 12 - how about a cathedral in the middle of the tile with Roads on all for sides, with the top and left roads connected; right and bottom just leading to the cloister and ending.
A Cathedral?  What use would it be?  It would never be in a city if there are roads on all 4 sides...

Edit: I presume you mean Cloister instead of Cathedral, which is what I've done.  I don't think I can fit the curve of the road with that "pointy city" segment as you call it, so it's just 3 separate roads.  Here's the pdf file and it's added to the Completed Variants list.

Edit2: Also, please feel free to continue to post your ideas... I can always create a second sheet or something if there are enough tiles.  Everyone else is also free to post.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 09:41:07 AM by Novelty » Logged

Lardarse
Authors
Vassal

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2008, 12:38:49 PM »

Lardarse, just because a tile has already been made, but it's not in your vision doesn't mean that it can't be remade again to be the way you want it.
Nice to know. And wow, that shrine looks so cool! And... I don't know about my vision, but I am thinking about something where the positioning of objects on a tile in relation to a road or river may be important. Maybe something I'm working on, perhaps? Wink

The other tile wasn't quite what I had in mind, however. The intention was that the 2 roads would end in inns (hence the filename). Admittedly, the blue and red things only look slightly like inns, but I don't know if it would look as good to have the roads end in nowhere and have an inn next to them. You may need to play with the road directions to pull this one off. Maybe have the south road bend to the left a little, so that there's room for the inn on that side. I was also thinking that it might be useful for the farm extender tile page.

But if we're talking aboout evil roads... how about an RRRR roundabout with an inn in the middle?
koolkat
Marquis

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2008, 04:08:59 PM »

Well... I read this thread with some more attention and I found it useful for me because I'm looking for new tile configurations and here we can get some. Thanks to the participants...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: