Requests for new tiles
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 05:09:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Requests for new tiles  (Read 277590 times)
mathguy89
Authors
Vassal

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2009, 01:46:48 PM »

so for 11 and 12 can we do the same tiles as 9 and 10 except with the cult losing the bottom road, and the cloister losing the top road?  And then I think that makes the set.

I'm on boardgamegeek as mathguy6189, feel free to add me as a "geek buddy"
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2009, 04:51:49 AM »

Done.  Head over to public downloads to get Mathguy gamma!

I look forward to Delta, maybe during Spring break, but hopefully earlier Smiley  And maybe delta, should contain mostly river tiles!!!

mathguy89
Authors
Vassal

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2009, 04:37:38 PM »

River tiles, now that's an idea.  We will see what happens.  I'll probably write out my ideas, and most ready to go at once if I get there.

I'm on boardgamegeek as mathguy6189, feel free to add me as a "geek buddy"
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2009, 05:03:54 PM »

Hi novelty, just wondering if you could do a few well tiles? I have a few ideas (you can use the well from A&M).
1. Three-way road with well in centre (like A&M)
2. Four-way road with well in centre
3. FRFR straight road with well
4. FFRR curved road with well

I know you're busy, but when you get the time...

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2009, 06:23:20 AM »

1. Three-way road with well in centre (like A&M)
I'm not sure what you want me to do here?  Copy the tile from A&M?

2. Four-way road with well in centre
Check out the Winter 2008 expansion.

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2009, 03:03:57 PM »

I'm not sure what you want me to do here?  Copy the tile from A&M?

Remove the watermark..

Check out the Winter 2008 expansion.

Ok... well, if you could do another two, maybe try a RRFF curved road with two wells, and a RFRF straight road with two wells...

I'm hoping to eventually make a sheet of tiles here...

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2009, 01:54:29 AM »

If you have any more time,
5. FRFR straight road with 2 wells
6. FFRR curved road with 2 wells
EDIT: Oh whoops I mentioned these in my previous post
7. RFFF road ending in roundabout thing with well in centre (I guess the roundabout isn't important but it would look better IMHO)

As for the four way roundabout, could you add a second well somewhere by one of the roads so that it has two wells instead of one?

Also, maybe possibly duplicate tiles 3 and 4 from my previous posts? I think that's 9 by now...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:58:11 AM by meepleater » Logged

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2009, 03:41:32 AM »

A, I'll get to those tiles after I finish working on the tiles for Fairy Tales.  Might take a while.  Meanwhile, pls continue to post until you get up to 12 (or 15)

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2009, 02:46:09 PM »

Okay...
(in all of my descriptions, imagine the city ending is on top)
10. CFFR a road ending at a roundabout thing (once again, unessential but would look cool) with a well, in front of a city ending piece, the field would go around the roundabout so there is one big field.
11. CRRF a city ending with one road going from the bottom to the top entering the city and the other going over a bridge ending at a house (so a mirror image of the one in T&B) but instead of ending at the house it could end in a roundabout with a well.
12. CRRR a city ending with two roads, one going from left to right over a bridge, the other going from the bottom to the city under the bridge. This time the road going under the bridge could have a well on it. If you have trouble imagining the road ending in a roundabout thing I've got some very dodgy tile drafts that show that if you want to see them...

And that brings it up to 12 tiles. Could you possibly do a watermark? Maybe a sillhouette (if that's spelt right) of a well?

Thanks a lot for all of this! I will type up a draft rules (unformatted or anything) and e-mail it to you if you want to do them.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2009, 07:47:53 AM »

All of meepleater's Wells tiles will be shown in the Wells Variant Worskhop thread.

ShadowP68
Authors
Villein

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2009, 09:06:49 PM »

I somewhat new here, Been reading all the posts that has been keeping me busy. Love all the different tiles that everybody has been coming up with, wish I had the talent to create some tiles.

Any way I have a thought on some tiles but I don't know if people would like them or that they would look good when created. My thoughts are adding water fall to the rivers and lakes. this would stop the fisherman from continuing on the river but wouldn't be able to take his fisherman off because the river isn't done yet. Also have some lakes have the river continue  through them.

Just my two cents worth.
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2009, 12:27:28 AM »

I somewhat new here, Been reading all the posts that has been keeping me busy. Love all the different tiles that everybody has been coming up with, wish I had the talent to create some tiles.

Any way I have a thought on some tiles but I don't know if people would like them or that they would look good when created. My thoughts are adding water fall to the rivers and lakes. this would stop the fisherman from continuing on the river but wouldn't be able to take his fisherman off because the river isn't done yet. Also have some lakes have the river continue  through them.

Welcome to Carcassonne Central.

You might not have the talent to actually create tiles, but your idea is an excellent one! Adding a waterfall, as well as being an interesting feature on the river, is a great way to stop the fisherman fishing past it but preventing the player taking the fisherman back.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2009, 02:40:09 AM »

Welcome from me as well.  Yes, waterfalls are a nice idea, and I've actually seen someone else make the tile here and used it as their avatar but I can't remember who it was (perhaps it was hester...).

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2009, 04:59:35 PM »

Would that be permanently stuck on the river or you have to finish the river past the waterfall?

Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #239 on: February 14, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »

I would imagine that the waterfall would form part of the river, but not completely end the river. The river would have to be completed in the normal way, and only then would any fisherman be able to be returned to the player, but they would not be able to fish past the waterfall.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: