Completely Annotated Rules - work in progress!
Carcassonne Central
April 20, 2024, 01:55:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36
  Print  
Author Topic: Completely Annotated Rules - work in progress!  (Read 358144 times)
mjharper
Administrator
Baron

Merit: 25

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 11:34:29 AM »

Eek, having said that the AR are basically finished at the moment, I've just noticed at least two errors on the page for the GQ expansion.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:41:14 AM by mjharper » Logged

Currently residing in the 'Where are they now?' file.
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 01:11:50 PM »

Well - to be honest. Who does not use the pig-herd tile as a ... pig-herd tile, no matter what's official? Wink

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
mjharper
Administrator
Baron

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 01:21:59 PM »

I meant typos and incorrect references, actually... but when my copy of GQ11 arrives, I'll be using the pig-herd tile as a pig-herd tile too!

pitfallharry
Founding Member
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 09:03:06 PM »

I'm looking forward to the CAR.

But I can understand that it is some overkill for many players, who just want the AR.

Keep up the tremendous work.
We will appreciate both versions.
I'll save both files, but likely only print out and use the CAR once done.

I'd suggest doing the CAR tile update last, which is probably what you'll do anyhow.

Good luck.

Alan
mrkake
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 05:24:26 PM »

Question: how many of you think the new Completely Annotated Rules are overkill?

I just started playing the game about 4 months ago. I received it as a gift and it sat in my game cupboard for nearly 3 months before I ever decided I should at least take a look at it. To make a long story short, I have purchased 5 expansions and we play nearly every week. In answer to Matt's question above, I think that both versions have merit. My son printed the Annotated version and and gave it to me as part of the gift mentioned above and I learned how to play using it as a guide. Now that I understand the game, I would love to have a finished version of the CAR printed and bound to use as a reference whenever there is a dispute or question raised (and with 2 stubborn boys that happens alot! They take after their Mother I swear!). So for me, I would recommend to a new player to either use the Annotated version or one the rule sets that is "expansion specific" to learn to play the game, but to use the CAR as the final word when trying to clarify a ruling.

One last thing; Matt what an amazing work! I have to thank you for the countless hours you must have spent on this and thanks go out to everyone that contributed as well!
Stephane
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 02:33:43 PM »

Does somebody can tell me how to download this completely annotated rules ?
I click, and I'm redirect to a web page asking for a password...

http://homepage.mac.com/mjharper/CarcassonneCentral/FileSharing1223.html

thanks !
Hypnotoad
Villein

Merit: 1

All glory to the Hypno toad!

Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 01:15:02 AM »

Check your forum profile, under Forum Profile Information at the bottom, there you'll see the password for downloading those files.
SteveBme
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2007, 04:48:41 PM »

The Completely Annotated Rules are excellent.
The format provides new players with a clear guide to the game rules. It is also a way for players (new and not so new) to have an easy guide to resolving game rules issues.
Because there have been changes and clarifications to the rules - there needs to be a single document that combines all the current rules. This CAR has been particularly useful for my group.
I got the Starter box and have added the expansions seperately - giving me a number of rules sheets.
The CAR is the solution to all of these pages and confusion and should become the central reference for all players.
For those lamenting printing the CAR - I have the latest version on my computer and it is available to resolve disputes, though a healthy discusion is a good part of the game.
House rules are still an important option. We now require that the dragon make munching noises when the move requires it. It is the most fun when a player has to eat their own meeples. Each to their own.
Thanks to Matt from all of my group for the excellent work you have done.
jayrosam
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2007, 09:53:37 AM »

Check your forum profile, under Forum Profile Information at the bottom, there you'll see the password for downloading those files.

Same problem, but I still cannot find that password there, maybe because I'm a new user ?
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 01:44:47 PM »

You might have clicked on Profile, on the top menu.  That only shows you a short summary.

What you need to do is after clicking on Profile, then look at the menus on the left.  One of them says Forum Profile Information.  Click that.  It then shows you every profile item starting with your avatar. Scroll to the bottom, where you will see the password.  And remember to fill in all your info! Let me know if you still have problems finding it jayrosam!

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
horsethiefbandit
Founding Member
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 08:08:35 AM »

Matt, is the version of CAR now posted in Downloads current? Or, perhaps a better question is, do you anticipate any version changes soon? I'd like to print a color copy and take it to Kinko's to have spiral-bound, but I'd rather wait if there is a new version around the corner.

Thanks for your continued efforts on this incredibly valuable resource. 
mjharper
Administrator
Baron

WWW Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 12:31:26 AM »

Okay, I've just uploaded 3.7.3. It's actually about a month old, but I thought I'd wait and see if any other errors were spotted.

As it is, there's only one correction, on page 59, under Selected Variants. In the section titled Follower unpunctuality, 3.7.2 and before say that "a follower may not deploy a follower…" This has been corrected to "a player may not deploy a follower…"

I don't foresee any major changes in the near future, so I guess you're pretty safe getting it printed…

Hope that helps!

brobunch
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 10:14:53 AM »

It ask for a password to get in. What is it to see the rules?
Thank You
Yisrael Broder
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »

It ask for a password to get in. What is it to see the rules?
Thank You
Yisrael Broder

It's been answered:

You might have clicked on Profile, on the top menu.  That only shows you a short summary.

What you need to do is after clicking on Profile, then look at the menus on the left.  One of them says Forum Profile Information.  Click that.  It then shows you every profile item starting with your avatar. Scroll to the bottom, where you will see the password.  And remember to fill in all your info! Let me know if you still have problems finding it jayrosam!

Smiley

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 11:33:55 AM »

There's also a handy-dandy reference that I pinned in the General forum:

WHERE TO FIND THE DOWNLOADS PASSWORD

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!