City Quarter expansion
Carcassonne Central
April 23, 2024, 05:16:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: City Quarter expansion  (Read 28233 times)
Deatheux
Marquis

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 08:29:03 AM »

lol!, just joking!

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

13 man on the field IS a penalty!!!!!(10 yards, automatic 1st down)

A match can never be ended on a defensive penalty!!!
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »

Okay, I got it. I'm done here. Enjoy the stew.

do this will give me merit point or sanction??

Undecided Grin

No. It will not.

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
Deatheux
Marquis

Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 06:48:01 PM »

phew, it was a near banned shot, glad to stay!

but this communauty shall be more strict to those escrot...

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

canada steve
Global Moderator
Marquis

Merit: 7

Forum Moderator

Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 10:05:34 AM »

Deatheux would you please refrain from being rude to people on here. The guest was not rude in any way and you were. He was asking genuine questions and seeking clarification about what he was doing, which is something this site is for. If you feel strongly about something then take it off-line and PM the person or if you must do it online then make a constructive posting not one that is rude and attacking as that will dissuade future comment and interaction from others. Yes you are entitled to your opinion but please express it succinctly on here.

Thank you

Cheers

Canada Steve
Deatheux
Marquis

Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 02:34:56 PM »

he was selling, promote stuff to raise his own funds, i was not rude, just cute!

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 09:47:40 PM »

Deatheux would you please refrain from being rude to people on here.

I agree with all Canada Steve said above.

A few other notes: It isn't "my crapp" or "spam" and I'm not "marketing". If you like, I can post another review of a set that is no longer being sold.

He was just letting us know of a fan made expansion (perhaps at the wrong place) and was accused of all sorts of things.  Sadly, we have probably lost a poster.  Deatheux, I implore you to try to be more diplomatic in future.

canada steve
Global Moderator
Marquis

Forum Moderator

Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 11:02:36 AM »

Deatheux, I know you are one of our younger members so will cut you some slack on this. Being cute means being funny not attacking someone and driving away a potential resource for the forum.

If you do persist in this line of posting then I will be watching carefully what you put up and will delet items that I feel are detrimental to the good of the forum. This goes for all of us on here not just you. Keep it friendly, but yes do debate as that raises good outcomes sometimes.

Cheers

Canada Steve
Deatheux
Marquis

Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 02:50:44 PM »

shall we all cry for this???

i won't.

so if i being harsh or hostile, so what... if he wants to prove me wrong he just have to DO IT!

not leave like he does.

can we concentrate ourselves on the real thing, THE NEW CARC EXPANSIONS AND RULING, not junk home made by some others.

cheers!!

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 04:11:01 PM »

in my own opinion, those "buy my crapp" posting shall be deleted, they are not posted to inform but to sell and promote sh!t, i'm against that form of marketing.

It is postings such as this one that actually offend me (offending part marked in red).

I would not want my children to view a forum that has to use words such as this (albeit in a disguised form) to get their point across. It is unnecessary and counter-productive.

shall we all cry for this???

i won't.

so if i being harsh or hostile, so what... if he wants to prove me wrong he just have to DO IT!

so what??? I hope I don't belong to a forum where being harsh and hostile towards guests is tolerated! I enjoy visiting here every day to join in the debates/discussions etc. It is my first port of call when I turn the computer on (...I know, I must get out more!!! Smiley) I enjoy this place and I want to continue to be a part of it. I have made some good online friends here. There are simple rules of common courtesy that are usually present on any public forum and I believe that this forum is one of them.

If you check back through his posting he did not actually try to sell. He might well be the seller (or acting on the behalf of the seller) who knows? And, he may have posted a link to these expansions. One of the merits of the forum is to properly discuss and inform others that these are not 'official' expansions as we know them. Moderators have the power to remove offending posts, links etc if they see such as marketing ploys.

Paulman also edited his post and removed any links to the items as soon as there was a hint of the posting not being liked.

can we concentrate ourselves on the real thing, THE NEW CARC EXPANSIONS AND RULING, not junk home made by some others.

Actually, some of this stuff is quite inventive and plays well as variants.

Ok, so you don't like to pay for someone making up the tiles for you. Fine. You are entitled not to buy them Smiley
Deatheux
Marquis

Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 05:10:53 PM »

the *red* wording have been modified, i know, in english this word is bad...

i enjoy this site as well as you do, i just hope that it stays a forum for educate and inform our members about the actual game.

i will be maybe more, docile and polite, as well, but i still think this is not the place to promote *capitain flame* stuff but to keep the interest where it belong.

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 09:46:46 PM »

I believe that this site is for all versions of Carcassonne, official, unofficial, expansions and spin-offs.  Please do correct me if I am wrong.  I feel that we should be able to discuss anything carcassonne, even someone marketing their self-made variants, without resorting to insults, rudeness, personal attacks, unacceptable language, etc.

Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 07:26:04 AM »

I believe that this site is for all versions of Carcassonne, official, unofficial, expansions and spin-offs.  Please do correct me if I am wrong.  I feel that we should be able to discuss anything carcassonne, even someone marketing their self-made variants, without resorting to insults, rudeness, personal attacks, unacceptable language, etc.

This forum is what Gantry and Matt say it is, no more - no less. As owners they have exclusive right to include or exclude whatever they see fit. I do - however - interpret their intentions as being in line with what you wrote Smiley

the *red* wording have been modified, i know, in english this word is bad...

i enjoy this site as well as you do, i just hope that it stays a forum for educate and inform our members about the actual game.

i will be maybe more, docile and polite, as well, but i still think this is not the place to promote *capitain flame* stuff but to keep the interest where it belong.

Personally I do not care about the odd curse word - those words exist for a reason and I believe that if parents do not want their children to read them (for whatever reason) it is their responsibility. But: this forum is not mine, so we will all have to follow the rules set out in this post: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?topic=16.0 You might want to carefully read #3 on that list.

In short: Everything Carcassonne should be okay to discuss here - not only to educate, but also to promote variants etc. Quite a lot of people make variants, own tiles etc and if you want to buy premade tiles - you are free to do so. You are also free to decline the offer. In my opinion Paulman did nothing wrong when he posted this, and I trust that Matt or Gantry would have removed the thread had they thought him breaking any rule.

Nota Bene that these are my own opinions, and does not necessarily reflect the opinions carried by the forum owners, though I am sure they will tell me if they do not!

/Tobias - Moderator

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
Deatheux
Marquis

Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 04:54:11 PM »

i take the blame, and don't really care.

sorry to be rude or some whatever, if this site is open to serve propaganda, why we do not open a SELLING POST with ebay link and everythig, that way we can view all the possibilities of the carc world, and promote unofficial stuff, and the good fellas like paulman can propose us the flavour of the week in products.

may i propose to sell some of my own stuff??, i got many games that the world wolud be winning to know.

i got another idea, why we do not pass through another point, i think that this point is ripped off, and walked dry.

this is the last post i'm addind to this topic.

cheers!

btw Cult War & Creativity, is it available???

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

canada steve
Global Moderator
Marquis

Forum Moderator

Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 09:02:07 AM »

Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?? Huh? Huh? Huh? In English please Deatheux... Grin

Cheers

Canada Steve
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 12:32:06 AM »

I have banned Deatheux from posting for a period of 2 weeks for his disrespectful posts. If he attempts to evade the ban or continue once he returns, he will be banned permanently.

I apologize to Paulman on behalf of Carcassonne Central for having to put up with this member's behaviour, it is definitely not tolerated in our community. Thank you for taking enough interest to post your initial informative post, and I hope you consider coming back.

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: