Apothecaries and Tithes
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 11:33:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Apothecaries and Tithes  (Read 44274 times)
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« on: December 19, 2008, 02:16:01 PM »

A while ago I created this mini-expansion at

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/36868

But I need some help... is there anyone who could make the tiles and the rules look more 'professional'?
 Or could I have some feedback?

(What this expansion does is it adds tithe barns which can either give you a reward or can tithe you, apothecaries are added which benefit everything except cloisters, a new trade good with special rules, and a few new combinations, such as a field running beneath a city)

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 09:33:55 PM »

Welcome to CC, meepleater.

I saw this expansion a while back and was impressed by it.  With regards to the tithe barn though, 7 and 10 seems a little low to me.  I would have liked 9 and 15 to make it more worthwhile fighting over.  With regards to the new cloisters, I think these should be replaced with tithe barns.  Afterall, there are 5 apothecaries but only 3 tithe barns at the moment, and I feel that more tithe barns would be appreciated.  I like the road tunnel tile and the city bridge tile as well, but I think these dilute the expansion.  Perhaps these tiles (and the cloisters) would be better in a no-new-rules GQ11 type expansion (with additional tiles).  Things for you to consider.

With regards to better looking tiles, below is a link to request new tiles.  Post in that thread to get yourself in the queue and I'll try to knock out the tiles to your satisfaction.  BTW, I think your tiles look good.

With regards to the rules... well, I guess I can do it for you when everything's done, provided you allow us to host it here at CC (you may post it elsewhere too).

Once again, welcome to CC!

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 11:29:54 PM »

Thanks, I was a little nervous about my first post.

I had created some extra no-rule tiles but I considered that they weren't as good as the others to be included. A good idea for the tithe barns, hower 9 is to odd for me (don't ask what made me say 7), so how about 10 and 17 points? (I guess I just like 7 Wink)
Yes, I could create some more tithe barns too. I think I'll work on it more tomorrow to get it up to scratch. (V.2 was only just approved by BGG, so it's a bit annoying that I need to make a v.3 so quickly.
Sure, of course I wouldn't mind if it was hosted on CC, just wait until I get v.3 done first though.

I'll post the link to v.3 sometime when it's done in the thread you mentioned so you can make the tiles look nice.

Thanks for being so welcoming!

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 11:44:13 PM »

10 and 17 is fine.  9 is from scoring cloisters, any less than that and it wouldn't be worth as much as cloisters.

I look forward to v.3 then Smiley
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 03:15:54 AM by Novelty » Logged

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 07:42:10 PM »

Have finished v.3

Is there some way I can post it on here as the file size is too big (the zip file is 600kb+).
It might be a while until is is up on bgg, so I'll let you know I have changed the rules to 10 and 17 regarding tithe barns, and have gotten rid of the other four random tiles (and made four more tithe barns.)

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 07:55:58 PM »

You can email it to me.  I'll send you a private message regarding where to email.

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 09:55:52 PM »

Any more suggestions, comments etc?

Other than that, I think it's finished...

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 10:02:22 PM »

There will probably be some comments when the pdf rules file is posted here.  Hopefully it's nothing more than typos Smiley  I'll start working on the rules.  Remember to post in the thread linked in my signature so that I can queue the tiles for you.

Your file can be downloaded here.

Edit: I have trouble opening it though Sad
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 10:13:16 PM by Novelty » Logged

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 10:14:17 PM »

Posted.

Thanks a lot for everything that you are doing, btw.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 10:17:35 PM »

I'm having trouble opening your v3 file.  Any chance you can send me the files individually without the zip?

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 10:33:16 PM »

you might have to wait for a day or so, the hard drive I saved it on is being updated or something and I can't access it anymore  Undecided

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 10:45:15 PM »

No worries, it can wait.

I'm reading through the v2 rules again and I have the following questions:

*If there's a tie for the barn and there's also a tie for the owner of the field, who loses the points?
*I think 17 is a bit too much for the barn.  How about 14 (which is twice 7?)
*The road and the field part of the apothecary is too complicated to keep track IMO.  I think it should be removed and made a separate expansion with a separate icon on roads and farms (but it would be great if it still used herb tokens).
*The exchange of herb tokens again is a bit complicated to keep track of.  In a mega game, with tracking for so many other things, this will probably be a pain to keep track of.  I would suggest removing the separate scoring for exchanged tokens.

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 11:19:12 PM »

No, problem was fixed quicker than I expected, and I emailed files Smiley

Yes, 14 points is okay.
Okay, the road part can go, a bit hesitant on the field, but it does complicate seiges, pig herds, barns etc. so i guess that can go.
Not sure what you mean about herb tokens though...

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 05:31:14 AM »

Well, it gives you 5 points at the end of the game, but if you got it in an exchange it gives 10 points.  That's a bit difficult to keep track of, even with 5 of the tokens...

Edit: Got the files and I've finished making the Apothecaries.  BTW, you haven't commented on the fact that I'm removing the flag and the stall from the tile.  It'll just have the icon.  I hope that's OK.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 06:47:29 AM by Novelty » Logged

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 09:15:32 AM »

Well, I have no idea if the tiles are OK or not, but here's the first draft anyways.  Click on the image to download the pdf file.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: