How do you store your Carcassonne-collection?
Carcassonne Central
April 24, 2024, 06:59:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you store your Carcassonne-collection?  (Read 61707 times)
Laserschwert
Villein

Merit: 5

Awards
« on: February 10, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »

As I spent the last weeks crafting stuff to store my Carcassonne-collection, I thought it'd be a good idea for everybody to post some pictures of how YOU put your meeples to sleep(les).

Here's my way:

I got myself a decorative chest, big enough to house at least three of my planned tile-boxes and still have enough room for the rest.

To take advantage of the curved lid, I've attached an elastic band along the inner crest of the lid to hold my "Spielbox Almanach", my score-boards and the instruction-books (each game neatly packed into an envelope... awwww Grin).

As only one of my tile-boxes is finished right now (with the help of my Dad, thanks Dad!), both "Hunters & Gatherers" and "The Castle" are still in their own boxes, but that'll change as soon as the other tile-boxes are done. The tiles and wooden-parts from "The City" are kept in the game's linen-bag, whereas the black satin bag (thanks Mum!) houses further smaller bags for each player's meeples. The blue "Carcassonne"-bag contains more wooden-parts that can be used for custom expansions.

Getting rid of the cardboard-boxes is still my highest priority, so I hope I manage to finish the other tile-boxes in the not so distant future. I'm still planning on getting "The New World" and "The Discovery", so I definitely need more space in that chest.

The envelopes are printed by me... unfortunately the big "Carcassonne"-envelope turned out to be too big for my printer (and for the chest's lid as well... damn), so I printed the artwork on a transparent label which I stuck onto the envelope.

The tile-box turned out better than I thought... a little crummy in places, but a good start. It's housing two base games, two "Inns & Cathedrals", "Traders & Builders", "The River", "The River II", "King & Robber", "The Cathars", "Shrines", "The Count", "Mayors", "Abbey", "The Princess & the Dragon", "The Tower", "The GQ11 Expansion", "Cult" and "Siege". The envelope-idea for the boards will be modified a bit, as I'm going to craft a blue leather-folder (artificial leather, but still... and it will fit into the lid!), which holds the smaller envelopes and all the other score boards.

So, this is how my Carcassonne-stuff is stored. Now I'm eager to see what you people are using!

bufferm44
Villein

Merit: 9

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »

But what about your planned box?

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?topic=651.msg7798#msg7798
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:30:08 PM by bufferm44 » Logged
Laserschwert
Villein

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 03:29:31 PM »

Uhm... I've made one... it's right there... see? Next to the Tower! Did you think a tile-box is enough to store all my Carcassonne-stuff Wink
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:31:13 PM by Laserschwert » Logged
bufferm44
Villein

Merit: 9

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 03:31:09 PM »

It's too late, I got up at 4.30 am to get to Nürnberg, I think I will go to bed now...  Wink
Laserschwert
Villein

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 03:31:48 PM »

Yeah, you should... and I should stop editing my post to make it sound even more sarcastic :-P
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 07:10:03 PM »

Are you making tile boxes for sale? Smiley  That box looks good.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »

All my stuff is still stored in the original boxes, all lined up on a shelf above my desk. I'd like to repackage them into a nice wooden box for better portability. I like the treasure chest idea; very cool.

Laserschwert
Villein

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 02:36:02 AM »

Are you making tile boxes for sale? Smiley  That box looks good.
Thanks, but no... it took us a few hours finishing just that single one, so no one would pay me enough for that ;-) It's not too complex to build, but time consuming. I think you can simply hand some carpenter the plans and he'd build a box for you... and a better one than mine.
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 09:02:27 PM »

looks like a treasure chest!

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
iszole
Cottager

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 02:28:44 AM »

This is my Carcassonne box. I made the decorations outside and the racks and overlay inside.

Closed box

opened box

bag, rules and scoreboard taken out

some closeups loaded

empty

My set consists of base game, River1, River2, I&C, A&M and T&B.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 05:57:18 PM »

That is a really nice box.  Well done for sure!  You should sell those.

Flee the fleas!
iszole
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 01:58:06 AM »

Thanks!
Selling is not really possible I'm afraid. In one hand the quality is good for me but not good enough for selling, in the other hand I think no business case here in Hungary.
Jetpac
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 10:42:10 AM »

amazing... how do you do the felting?
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 12:08:20 PM »

That box looks very nice from where I'm sitting at least. The biggest problem I can see is lack of room to expand when you buy other expansions.

I am interested to make a box myself and have a couple questions. Jetpac has already asked, but I want to know too about the construction of the insert.

1. How did you attach the felt?
2. What material is underneath it?
3. What is the height of the insert?
4. Do you find the height of the insert is good for getting the tiles out, or would you change it if you were to do it again?
5. How did you do the artwork on the outside of the box?

iszole
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »

There is a store named "Kreatív hobby" (I think the name is understandable for non hungarians as well) where I bought the original box

and the felt. Its available 45 cm wide 1 mm thick rolls (like textile),  I got a 1 meter long piece, then just scissors and glue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: