How do you store your Carcassonne-collection?
Carcassonne Central
April 26, 2024, 06:05:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you store your Carcassonne-collection?  (Read 61713 times)
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 11:16:43 AM »

Thanks for posting that picture neosatan. I'm equally surprised to have not seen anything like that before, and mad at myself for not having thought of it. Stacking boxes is not a revolutionary concept, and it's the obvious solution to a game that seems to have no end to the number of expansions both official and unofficial. It would also be very easy to add some external latches on opposing sides to hold the layers together, or with some modification a retention mechanism which would automatically attach when stacked and detach at the push of two buttons.

Full-length tile-sized tracks seems to be the way to go rather than individually-sized compartments. I think it may be possible (with a lot of extra work) to make 1/8" spaced grooves for adjustable spacers. (1/16" would be nicer, but very difficult) I would be inclined to make the spacers wide enough that I can stick a label on them with the expansion name; the labels from my Dymo LetraTag are 1/2" (12mm) wide. If you make the box-length rails also removable, that would allow reconfiguration in case you change your mind about how to sort your expansions.

Regarding rules, I personally have a printed copy of the CAR (from several versions ago Sad ) in a three-ring binder. If the overall interior size of a layer was designed large enough to accomodate a three-ring binder, you could have a layer dedicated for this purpose.

JPutt927
Authors
Duke

Merit: 32

Conquering the world...One tile at a time.

Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 11:37:09 AM »

Just thought I'd share part of my collection...!  I also have a separate box containing the instruction booklets, meeples, larger tile pieces, the catapult, and my "By Order of the King" cards.

neosatan
Nobleman

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 11:48:43 AM »

Top layer have space to hold a book that is around 4-5 cm in height. I seen some nice paper holders (kill me, but I even don't know how they are called in polish, so translation of name is for me impossible). I have to look for some but little bigger (I seen thouse like 2-3 cm in height). btw... top layer could be done in way that it will hold yours tree-ring binder CAR Smiley I have designet it so it can hold something like 300 pages book with scoreboard, a season scoreboard and little space... I want to do some wraps for this, or a sheet of some kind of material... don't know yet...

I was thinking about latches (I like the sound of opening latch Smiley), that project is little out dated. More accurate i have on paper cause I had to redesing some elements, so there is only an idea.

Btw... I was personally suprised that people build suitcases, chests, and similiar, and when there is released new exp they have to begin from scratch... Layered approche seem to me natural. I want also on bottom of top layer or bottom layer do scoreboard, and mayby track for seasons, but I have to desing it. Since I don't know how many wooden pieces will be I don't want to have compartments for each color/type. And I want later to do separate layers for spin-off, so I can store whole collection of Carcassonne in one place.
MeepMoop
Vagabond

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 08:43:32 PM »

Someone recommended Artbin Slim Super Satchel to me for storing Carc.  I bought one for about $15 and have been totally happy.  I have big box 3, 10th year anniversary, tower, count, king & scout, and river 2.  Plus there is a whole extra row for more expansions or custom tiles.

I like that I can throw it in a backpack, bike across town, and nothing is out of place.

Here's a link to it on Amazon http://amzn.to/zMxkyI
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »

My initial reaction from looking at that picture is disappointment that the cardboard tower cannot fit in the box, but the more I stare at it I'm not sure that's such a big deal. I ask myself whether I would ever use the cardboard tower to draw tiles from, and I don't think so. I know that it's not capable of holding every tile I own. I also think about whether the catapult will fit in there; I don't think you own Catapult so you wouldn't be able to say, but the same question arises: when would I ever use the wooden catapult? There is no need to transport things that won't be used, so from a transportation standpoint this box appears to be very well suited. But there's still this small part of me deep down inside that can't bear to separate the tower and catapult from their tiles.

I'm guessing you're Khoshbakhti on Amazon? Wink

MeepMoop
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »

You're right, I don't have the catapult.  I saw someone else's picture of this box with the catapult wedged in there.  Myself I never use the tower.  It just sits in a box along with the various extra rule pages, product lists, and clear meeples from 10th anniversary that I can't bring myself to get rid of.

Yup, I'm khoshbakhti, means "lucky"
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »

Having been inspired by what others have done to store their card collection, I decided to do the same myself. But having little money and no crafting skills I decided to simply store it all the base game box (sorry for the poor quality pics):

Naturally, not everything fits: the tower and the tile bag are excluded, (but by now they aren't too useful anyway) and as I don't like the catapult rules, the wooden catapult, ruler and tokens are also not included. There is, however, plenty of room for the school, phantom, corn circles plague & tunnels and the minis for when/if I get them...

Dave
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2012, 03:57:42 AM »

just checked this thread out, its very nice to see how others handled this problem with all carc collections. I do like the treasure chest at the beginning. I went with paper and cardboard.

had trouble posting more than 1 pic per posting, but here goes.

This week I are mostly eatin trade tokens
Dave
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2012, 04:01:32 AM »

my photos file sizes are too large, any suggestions on reducing file sizes please?

This week I are mostly eatin trade tokens
quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 04:26:17 AM »

If you have windows open the images with paint, resize search, select a percentage to 50%, save and try to add in this way. Otherwise upload to a website for pictures, type imageshaks, there should be an option to resize them automatically.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2012, 07:01:22 AM »

my photos file sizes are too large, any suggestions on reducing file sizes please?

I usually upload them on the facebook group page and reference them from there.

Flee the fleas!
Shimmydave
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »

I currently store my collection in the big box 3 it all came in.

But i just saw that the original version of carcassonne: the city, came in a really nice looking wooden box.

Has anyone got one of these and would it be suitable for storing normal carc in?

If so i may try and track one down.
quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 02:47:01 AM »

This morning I bought the dresser door screws. is perfect for carcassonne, 2 mm in height and width wider.
I want to build a plywood box and insert the drawers inside.
I paid about 16 €, $ 20.
When it is finished I put more pictures.

EDIT: I think tomorrow I'm going to buy another, not enough for me for 10 years of expansion cards, box-shaped meeple.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:33:09 AM by quevy » Logged
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 07:37:18 AM »

Too bad those drawers don't have internal dividers. I've seen something similar at the hardware store with internal dividers that is used to organize nails and screws, but I think the drawers on them are not deep enough. How easily can you carry that thing? Do the drawers stay put or tend to slide out?

quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 03:19:51 PM »

At work I will create the special divisors, which will also help bring out the best cards.
I insert the drawers in a casing of wood, and with a door which when closed takes stops the drawers.
I bought this because each drawer is modular and can be mounted in all different forms.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: