iPhone
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 01:09:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone  (Read 7250 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« on: February 18, 2009, 03:04:17 AM »

So, I just got my iPhone and have been navigating around with it.  Does anyone have one?  What good "goodies" can be installed on the phone?

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:46:02 PM »

My brother recently got an iPod Touch, which is almost the same (everything except phone and camera). There are a lot of free applications and games available in the iPod store. There's a pretty cool lightsaber game which uses the built-in gyro sensors to make noise.

I'm planning to get an iPod Touch maybe in the next few months. I'd prefer an iPhone, but there's only one cell provider that supports it here and the plans are not very reasonable.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:35:19 PM »

Can't you get an unlocked version?  Probably not since there's only 1 provider there.  Oh, I installed Google Earth... that was my best installation yet.  It hogs bandwidth though, so if you are thinking of getting one, please make sure you have enough free data bandwidth in your plan.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 06:08:12 PM »

It's my understanding that the iPhone only works with that one provider's network. Regardless, all providers in my area have very expensive data plans. It is only within the past few months that the government authorized more providers, and so far the new providers don't have comprehensive packages offerings.

The iPod Touch (2nd Generation) has built-in wi-fi, so all the data is running freely over existing internet connections.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 10:24:36 PM »

Yeah, I got an unlocked 2nd Gen iPhone.  Which means I can use my current service provider (which is good as there are no official iPhone providers here yet).  Sometimes it doesn't suck not being in North America Smiley

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 10:33:25 AM »

I recently saw an article written about an ap for the iphone that does all the calculations (wind speed, humidity, range, etc.) for a shooter when attatched to a sniper rifle.  Could you use that?  jk  I don't want to get political, but I'm not sure that this ap needs to be out there for the public.  Assuming of course it's real and it's accurate.

Like the commercial says, there's a ap for that!

Flee the fleas!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 06:54:10 AM »

There are some good applications out there for the iPhone.  What I wish I could do though is take a picture and bluetooth it to another phone!  Perhaps there's an app for that...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: