Breweries (previously titled 'beseiged cloisters')
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 07:21:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Breweries (previously titled 'beseiged cloisters')  (Read 58734 times)
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »

The tiles look great! I can't edit the rules yet because the computer they are on isn't working... hopefully it will be running soon...

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2009, 02:48:50 PM »

Bad news: The computer is definitely broken and if it gets fixed, it won't be for a long time, so for now all that I have are the pdfs on the file host, and I don't feel like restarting...

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »

Here is the next version of the rules.  Have a readthrough and see if you agree with my changes.  If there are no further changes, I'll revise it to Rev1 and make this public.

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2009, 01:48:52 AM »

Fantastic... no changes I would recommend... sorry to be so annoying and making you do the rules as well, (but I'm annoyed about all the files I can't access now due to the computer breaking- although my parents *might* get the computer fixed in the next month or so...)

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2009, 05:31:53 AM »

Can I rev it up to 1 and make it "final" then?

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2009, 03:01:46 PM »

Yes... btw... tomorrow I'm going on a camp for a few days so if you don't hear from me then that's why...

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2009, 07:23:36 AM »

OK, it's now available on the Public Downloads page.  Good job meepleater.  +1 merit for finishing something this month.  I think from now on, I'll give out merit points to people who finish a fan-made expansion.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 10:48:08 AM »

Great job on that expansion.  I particularly like the watermark, very clever.  The only question I have (and perhaps this is discussed somewhere in the thread and I missed it) is why are the breweries only on forest tiles?

Flee the fleas!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2009, 05:30:52 PM »

I don't think those are forest tiles.  I think those are just farm dividers.  There are no forests on the edge and therefore none of the brewery tiles can be played next to the forest edge of a forest tile.  Also, since the line of trees end at the corner, the "forest" ends there.  However, meepleater will probably be able to explain his reasons for the trees since he made the tiles.

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2012, 02:25:46 AM »

Lately I've decided to start editing/ fixing up some of my expansions, and as Breweries is probably my favourite I've decided to start with that.

I thought that besieged cloisters being attached to a specific tile configuration was cumbersome, so instead I had tokens depicting heretical sects (the new name for besieged cloisters) that players have the option to place over cloisters when a specific tile is drawn. These tokens are heavily based off the besieged cloister tokens by JPutt927:

I've also changed the tile distribution slightly and removed the river-dependent tiles, as well as modified the watermark:

Image credits to Novelty, JPutt927 and notsewkram.

Thoughts? Edited rules are to follow...

Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 6

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2012, 02:58:41 AM »

I suppose you could update breweries, to my opninion it isn't nessecary to do that. We (very) often play Breweries and it's fine as it is. I don't think we ever had to modify 1 rule or had a 'complaint'. Looking at the added tokens i think we'll stick to the first edition and swap cloistertiles as usual.  Wink

Having said that, i reckon future players may well like the updated version using tokens. Once the tiles are worn i might check this version out Cheesy

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2012, 03:27:33 AM »

I suppose you could update breweries, to my opninion it isn't nessecary to do that. We (very) often play Breweries and it's fine as it is. I don't think we ever had to modify 1 rule or had a 'complaint'. Looking at the added tokens i think we'll stick to the first edition and swap cloistertiles as usual.  Wink

That's interesting. My reasoning was that the tokens would provide more options for besieging cloisters (as well as preventing the potential situation where besieging your cloister was the only legal move), and preventing 'safe' cloisters with different configurations that could not be besieged. I also dislike removing/ discarding tiles from the game. I wonder if anyone else has opinions about which one is/ would be better in a game situation.

The rules for heretical sects would also have increased interplay between cloisters and cults slightly, making for the (very) occasional situation where declaring your own cloister a heretical sect could be advantageous...

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2012, 06:16:33 AM »

The "heretical sects" finally explains why the cloisters are being besieged, because it wasn't really clear why before.

Breweries may have been "fine" before, but if meepleater wants to make it better then more power to him.

Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 6

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2012, 06:39:25 AM »

Breweries may have been "fine" before, but if meepleater wants to make it better then more power to him.

By all means! I didn't want to hold him back on creating a better version, just shared my thoughts on the current one -> a hidden compliment if you will for an excellent expansion as it is.
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2012, 07:04:40 AM »

Are these cloister punch outs the same size as the Castle tokens form B,C,& B?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: