Printing on blank tiles
Carcassonne Central
April 28, 2024, 06:52:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Printing on blank tiles  (Read 5916 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« on: March 31, 2009, 12:23:08 AM »

I got my CS&C tiles today and when my father-in-law was looking at the blank tiles, he said that he thought he might be able to print to the tiles by setting up the DVD printer he has to print on that size.  The problem would be with the ink.  It's an inkjet and the ink would smear easily.  Not sure what kind of coating you could put on the tile that wouldn't also smear it while being applied.  Any thoughts on how this might be accomplished?  I'm not sure I want to waste a blank tile trying to figure it out.

Flee the fleas!
bufferm44
Villein

Merit: 9

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 06:05:03 AM »

I was thinking about printing directly on the tiles too. You don't have to waste tiles, try to get the complete sheed with the 12 tiles into the printer and do a testprint on it. If that works - find out how to match the register and if you finished that you can print 12 tiles in one step. I'm very interested in the results :-)

I have an old EPSON Stylus Photo 950 which has also a dvd-inseert-mode, but I never tested that, the printing is not as clean as it should be, so I did the thing with the cutter...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:06:39 AM by bufferm44 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: